Lightweight Tripod

bowhuntmontana

I have been researching lightweight tripods a little bit for backpack hunts. I am interested in what you would recommend. I have been looking at the Slik 624CF and like it so far, but it is a little pricey. I am thinking carbon rather than aluminum. Thinking I want to top whatever I go with with an Outdoorsman's pistol grip mount. I know there have to be some guys on here who have gone through this same decision trying to get a good, lightweight, compact tripod. Please share recommendations, opinions and reasoning.

Thanks.

I should have asked what you will have on top of it? For a bigger scope (80-90mm / 15-17in long) I like having a handle on the head for panning. It seems to make it a little more controlable for fine adjustments, but this is just my personal preference. IMO, If you are looking at 65mm or smaller, I wouldn't hesitate on a ball head.

I bought the Sinno from Schmaltz too. Really liked it after taking time to get used to how it works. It doesn't leave my pack anymore!

I won one of the outdoorsmans medium tripods with the pistol grip head. I felt so bad topping such a nice tripod with my crappy old spotting scope that I upgraded my spotting scope! ;)

I really like it, but not sure I would have spent the $500ish that it would have cost to buy it. (Considering that my old spotting scope was a bushnell that I paid $300 for). Very durable and simple.

Slik Sprint Pro EZ for me. It's no beauty but it's light and cheap enough I don't baby it in the least. I'm sure some of these other suggestions are as good or better. I'm not used to nice tripods, which helps. :)

OYOAPOD is a coupon code for $20 off the Sinno tripod on predatoroptics.info
Not a super light tripod but very well made for the price and the ball head is very smooth.

Light weight tripod....

I bought a Vanguard carbon fiber last year off of Camofire, for just under 200, and it is AWESOME!!!! Came with the pan head, and is light too, I believe about 1 1/2 lbs. I have seen them on there recently for like 189.00. I have two buddies that bought them after they saw mine, and the are very happy with them as well.

Just my .02
Jbo

Purchased the Sinno. It arrived yesterday and I have been working with it today. Not ultralight, but much lighter than my previous setup. I like the ball head on it. Can't beat the price for the quality and it is very compact. Thanks again for the deal Schmaltz!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back