Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

jerky gun

I just have a cheap price plastic gun. Don't recall the brand. I don't do anything special other then use more seasoning than the recipe calls for. I have used hi mountain, LEM and the seasoning that came with dehydrator. The stuff you had this year was LEM teriyaki. I like the wide strips for easier coverage. I shoot straight to dehydrator racks. 5 hours later it is good. You can be blot the jerky a couple times while dehydrating to remove grease. I have straight elk burger, so not necessary. I want to try strips cut from extra roasts in the smoker this winter. We shall see.

Thanks Ed...I have a some strips cut from the deer I shot that'll hit the smoker as soon as I get time.

My dehydrator is NESCO. Very simple, cheap and gets the job done. Jerky gun is NESCO as well.

So what are you all using for a dehydrator? Mine is 20 years old and not very hot (145 degrees) so I worry about not getting it hot enough.
That's plenty hot enough, just takes a bit longer. Mine gets to about the same temp.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back