Tikka T3 Shooters…Anyone Out There

Thanks for everyones advice, i decided to got with the Barnes 150 Gr. "TTpx"???? Shot a bull at 323 yards, double lung and couldn't be happier. Thanks again for all the pointers. Don't discount the Tikkas, they are cheap but good quality rifles. Stay safe out there.IMG_1445.jpg

My T3 Hunter loves Federal Premium 160gr Partitions. Has easily dropped a elk out to 325.

The Federals will be the only 7mags in my safe for the T3. (I have a few boxes of other brands/weights I will sell. LOL)

The think I really like about my Tikka is the accuracy and weight for the price point. It's more accurate than I am, drives tacks, and can be carried on my back up mountains easily. Less money on the rifle more money on gas and tags

I have 5 if that tells you anything..243, 25/06, 270, 7mm/08 and 308 all shoot MOA most bang for your buck out there. They have started to creep up in price now though
but still a bargain rifle.

Trebek, congrats on that bull, looks like an awesome bull. I'd love to see more pics from your hunt, if you got some. As to the Tikka rifles, I have one in 7-08 that has been pretty picky trying to get good groups, it does best with bullets seated too long to fit in the magazine - I'm frustrated that Tikka makes the mags so restrictive on cartridge over-all-length. Pair of Jacks, my son uses a Tikka CTR as a competition rifle and that action is very very smooth and his is a very accurate rifle

I chose the .270WSM. I paired it with the fusion 150 grain.
I lucked out because the ammo is cheaper and my gun loves it. It definitely held true to it's sub 1" MOA.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back