PEAX Equipment

Impulse buying guns

that impuse led to a nice TC Renegade 54 cal. muzzleloader to the collection this year, and a project Winchester M100 in 308 that's going to be (hopefully) put into service next year.

I borrowed my brothers .270 Winchester (pre 64) on my first hunt for deer. Shot my best buck ever. I did not realize what I had. My big brother traded rifles for fun. I did not know what he had. I do now. Most ignorant move I made in my life. I would love to be shooting that rifle now. Couple of tears 40 years past the event.

That should have been my impulse buy!

I borrowed my brothers .270 Winchester (pre 64) on my first hunt for deer. Shot my best buck ever. I did not realize what I had. My big brother traded rifles for fun. I did not know what he had. I do now. Most ignorant move I made in my life. I would love to be shooting that rifle now. Couple of tears 40 years past the event.

That should have been my impulse buy!

...story reminds me of an impulse trade that I will forever regret. S&W revolvers and quality centerfires are my strongest weakness.

This thread is getting me to think about impulse building again. I've got a Rem Ti SA and a .264 barrel that keeps calling for a GAP 6.5 RSAUM....but I "said" no more wildcats. Heart cooks brain.

This thread is getting me to think about impulse building again. I've got a Rem Ti SA and a .264 barrel that keeps calling for a GAP 6.5 RSAUM....but I "said" no more wildcats. Heart cooks brain.

No mas for moi...and I mean it this time.:eek:

I love impulse buying. I did get a .444 Marlin at an auction a few years back. My only regret was that they had a Henry lever action with a VariX-3 on it that I didn't buy. I didn't care much about the rifle - it was in .17HMR - or the scope either for that matter. The buyer got it for 300.00 though. I figured 1 impulse buy wouldn't raise an eye-brow, but 2 the same day would.

A .260 is on my impulse buy list.

My impulse buys have mostly been used guns I come across....but they are all great deals. That's my story anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back