Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Either sex: still needs proof of sex!

soo that's what I am saying , the only experience i have is processing a single hind quarter that was already skinned. If I go out shoot a bull and am quartering and skinning if in the field and I make a mistake do I call a game warden and say "here is the situation or am i just expected to be an expert the first time? :) I think the law be strict but also realize that there are a lot of skills involved that can only be acquired by trial and error and some guidance from the internet. ( thanks Randy) post as many gutless method videos as you want..

Rob Allen may I suggest that before putting knife to hide, and after tagging out, pull out your camera and take some gender identifying photos to use as backup evidence, and THEN start to break down the carcass. When you are in full control of your faculties, and thinking about maintaining the evidence, then make the cuts to preserve twig/berries or udders. If you save those moves for last/near to last, you may no longer be concentrating on fulfilling the letter of the law, and cut off what you are supposed to be saving.

I suppose if you are in cell range you could call 1-800-TIP-MONT and ask for advice. They were just handing out warnings to the people who didn't know it was needed in either sex situations, but it's a judgement call on their part. Take pictures.

You can easily leave the hide with the EOS on one quarter and try to skin out the other one. Leave lots of "margin" around the EOS so you don't accidentally take it off. If that one goes ok then skin them both.

By the way, if you haven't done the gutless method I prefer to cut into belly and remove the tenderloins before you start working on the backstraps and hind quarters. Now that you have the belly open let the stomach and intestines fall out a bit so you don't have much of a chance of nicking it when removed the hind quarters and backstraps above the short ribs. I call this the sh*talloverthemeatless method ;).

The plumbing needed on both quarters, and please leave head attached to the front quarters, should have earned some iphone footage after, a "Please explain that again.." Coulda shoulda woulda Rob, I'm disappointed in you.

sounds like way too particular Montana game cops,,1 quarter should be fine like in most other states,,,just another reason not to spend my non-res app fees in Montana,,not the best bang for the buck,,,then they are after ya for technicalitys .

What do you guys do with your doe/fawn tag where you can potentially shoot a 6 month old deer or antelope that is a buck but legal as a fawn ? Seems that can be a problem unless you take pictures ? I was thinking about this in Wyoming looking over some herds with fawns.

Goat

I was thinking the same thing while antelope hunting in WY this year. If I were to have taken a fawn buck on my type 6 tag and only packed out the meat and EOS what would that show. Or in that case would I need to pack the head to prove that is was a fawn?

I was thinking the same thing while antelope hunting in WY this year. If I were to have taken a fawn buck on my type 6 tag and only packed out the meat and EOS what would that show. Or in that case would I need to pack the head to prove that is was a fawn?

Size should tell them all they need to know. The fawn is about always substantially smaller in all aspects.

I know some guys in Da UP of Michigan that had some screws in the base of some little forky horns. If they needed meat and season was winding down they would shoot a Doe and screw them in. Nobody would ever question them as long as the horns were there. They took turns shooting the same forky on the years they didn't get one legitimately.

Those damn Yoopers can get clever when it comes to breaking the law. Some quality rednecks up der.

I would definitely pack the head with a buck fawn. Why take a chance. Its already lighter anyway!

I would definitely pack the head with a buck fawn. Why take a chance. Its already lighter anyway!

They are so small I wouldn't even cut it up. Maybe toss the flanks/belly meat and throw it over your shoulder or in a pack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back