Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho Deer Hunt

Depends on what part of the state you're headed to.
Central part has snow 9,000 and up.
West/SW is very warm and muddy in spots.
Haven't clue for the north part of the state.

A friend hunted near Palisades reservoir last weekend and they bagged 2 bucks in a weekend. Nothing trophy size but deer in the freezer nonetheless. Good luck.

Just got back from Salmon/Challis area last weekend..quite a few deer killed there during opening week. On my way back to California, the Elk hunters were coming in one truck load after another.

Just came down yesterday from Challis.
Retirement house is there.
I did get my deer no bragger but it's meat and that is what counts the most.
The roads and any flat spot has a camp on it and UTV's and ATV's everywhere.
Have a late elk (meat) hunt starting in Nov.
Just hoping to get something cow or calf for much more needed meat.

Same here IDFireLass. This is my first time hunting. I even called ID fish and game to make sure that "any elk" really did mean any elk ha ha!

Just came down yesterday from Challis.
Retirement house is there.
I did get my deer no bragger but it's meat and that is what counts the most.
The roads and any flat spot has a camp on it and UTV's and ATV's everywhere.
Have a late elk (meat) hunt starting in Nov.
Just hoping to get something cow or calf for much more needed meat.

Just back from the Little Lost drainage in Unit 51 and pretty much the same. We saw six bucks hanging including our two. Heard of somebody putting a tag on a monster up there that we had been chasing. Guess he finally made a mistake. Brother took a big heavy two-point that outweighed my three-point by 26 lbs. As to elk they were still way up high there even with the two snow storms. Saw tons down on private in the hay fields they had just finished baling last week.

Anyone from up in the Panhandle care to chime in? Thinking of taking a 12 year old up to chase whitetails in late November in Unit 1. She's chomping at the bit to get a crack at one.

Friend came down from koskia area very young deer no size. Last year blue tongue went through the area don't know how far north it went.

How are there loads of elk hunters coming in?? Hadn't the season been open for 6 days??

Just got back from Salmon/Challis area last weekend..quite a few deer killed there during opening week. On my way back to California, the Elk hunters were coming in one truck load after another.

Spent a few days up there, in one day driving out 30 miles from camp we counted license plates from 13 states. I guess the word is out.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back