Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

More Fuel for the Hate on the Wilks Brothers

BoiseBronco

In the spring/early summer of '15 we wanted to drive a road to reach a trailhead. The road crossed private land but had an agreement with the land owner (Potlatch). We got partly up the road and said forget it because I didn't have my pickup. We had been told that in the past the road was in excellent shape. But by '15 the forest service and the land owner were arguing over who was going to maintain the road (and by the look of it, apparently no one was). I wasn't surprised that earlier this year the road was closed to the public, and even less surprised to see that the Wilks Brothers were involved:

Idaho hunters learn Texas billionaires are locking them out at the last minute

http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/...s/letters-from-the-west/article104921951.html

BoiseBronco

Someone in the article was quoted as saying the Wilkes probably didn't know what they were getting into by buying that land then shutting down access. The truth is they know exactly what they're getting into and they don't give two #*?@s about it. This is standard Wilkes operating procedure.

These are two of the guys throwing massive amounts of money at candidates who are pushing the transfer/sale of your public lands. Guess who's waiting with baited breath for that land to go on the market? Welcome to a preview of things to come if we don't pay attention to how we vote in November...

Someone in the article was quoted as saying the Wilkes probably didn't know what they were getting into by buying that land then shutting down access. The truth is they know exactly what they're getting into and they don't give two #*?@s about it. This is standard Wilkes operating procedure.

These are two of the guys throwing massive amounts of money at candidates who are pushing the transfer/sale of your public lands. Guess who's waiting with baited breath for that land to go on the market? Welcome to a preview of things to come if we don't pay attention to how we vote in November...

^^^ This. It is all part of a strategy, a well-funded and politically-connected strategy.

knowing Idaho trespass laws and having hunted lots of that land, most of the land has never met the definition of the trespass laws according to signage , ect, unless they have an army of employees to post land accurately before oct 10th, I would keep hunting like normal, if 1 single no trespassing sign is installed incorrectly then hopefully the local authorities are writing tickets,,,,

not the long term answer but not much sportsman can do

True. Because the bigger this GOVT gets, the less these big guys are gonna wanna have their assets in cash. Large connected parcels are the safest bet and there is only one place to get them.

they are probably gonna resell to china and double there money,,,,

they are probably gonna resell to china and double there money,,,,

Well, whatever they do, I think people need to realize just how dangerous our economy is with all that money Obummer printed. People at the street level don't understand it. These guys do. It isn't very smart to have all you money in cash right now and it sure as hell ain't smart to have it in that market propped up with Monopoly money. The safest place is land and I have to believe that's what is causing the demand.

Trickle Down Tyranny. It starts with hoarding at the top and the top has started to hoard.

So, this was a private land transfer?

I know there is despise for the Wilks here, but have they done anything illegal on this case?

So, this was a private land transfer?

I know there is despise for the Wilks here, but have they done anything illegal on this case?

That's what I was thinking. Sucks for the loss of access, but I'm sure the reason they bought it wasn't for it to be used however everybody else wanted. Bet most on this website would do the same thing if they were handed the deed to the same property. I'm am not for public land transfer, but this isn't public land to begin with

That land had been open for generations. Families built a lot of memories and felt like they were a part of it. For the Wilks to buy it and shut it down is entirely within their rights, but the backlash they are receiving for acting like Feudal Lords instead of neighbors is well deserved.

People like the Wilks are working to turn America in to Europe so they can be counts, lords and dukes. We have the good luck to simply be their serfs.

Well, whatever they do, I think people need to realize just how dangerous our economy is with all that money Obummer printed. People at the street level don't understand it. These guys do. It isn't very smart to have all you money in cash right now and it sure as hell ain't smart to have it in that market propped up with Monopoly money. The safest place is land and I have to believe that's what is causing the demand.

Trickle Down Tyranny. It starts with hoarding at the top and the top has started to hoard.

Valid points MO.....Policy-bots prefer the class warfare spin.

That land had been open for generations.

"....if you like your doctor, you can keep....yada yada"

"....if you like your doctor, you can keep....yada yada"

You can keep your doctor. You just have to pay him fair market value for his services the way capitalism intends, and outside of a corrupt insurance system. Or you can choose a plan he is part of if you want to pay insurers. Doctors aren't indentured servants.

Another way you could keep your doctor, or even get a better one is to be like Wilks; just pull yourself up by your own bootstraps.

Last edited:
The reason the Wilkes are buying large tracts of land in Idaho and Montana, shutting out sportsman, and being chitty neighbors is because the government is too big?:rolleyes:

Ya silly.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back