Wyoming here I come!

HighDesertSage

4Runner is packed and we are heading out the door for 4 days of chasing antelope in Wyoming. I'm pretty excited. This will be my first antelope hunt. I'll report back in a few days!

Good luck, I'm heading out the door in a few minutes. I have 1800 miles to cover but we'll be there tomorrow sometime. Good luck to everyone heading west and safe travels.

Goat

We have some weather coming in for those heading out next week or two. Nice cool weather with colder temps at night, down to 20's here in Laramie. Looks like hunting weather for the next 2 weeks. Stay warm and dry!! Have fun.

It is a good time of year. Me and 2 buddies are leaving on Sunday and will be enjoying everything the Wyoming great outdoors has to offer. Good luck everyone.

Just got back, had a great time. I definitely shot a 12" buck! lol. I probably could have held out for something a bit bigger, but it was my first antelope, and I'm pretty stoked. I'll post up some picks when I get them uploaded to the computer. Huge thanks to John Cushman for helping me out in this unit!

Here is my buddies doe. He made a nice 200 yard shot. After the shot the two bucks that were with her refused to leave!

Attachments

• 20160928_141015.jpg
    20160928_141015.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 582
Here is my buck. We spotted him with two does and were able to put a stalk on him and cut the distance down. I am amazed at how well these things can see. I was able to get within 406 yards before they started to get nervous and looked like they were getting ready to bolt. One shot from the 270 anchored this guy where he stood. Not the biggest buck, but like I said, its my first lope, and I am very happy to have him. I have the meat aging in the garage refrigerator and I am looking forward to trying it!

Attachments

• 20160928_114218.jpg
    20160928_114218.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 547
Last edited:
Back