MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Selling points for Boise Area for the Fiance

yes phoenix is too damn hot. I would love to move to Prescott valley in a couple years. flagstaff would be great too. the problem with Prescott is home prices are sky high. the influx of Californians over the past ten years or so has really driven up home prices.

Flagstaff or over by Show Low is the only place I'd look in AZ.Lived in Prescott when it was real nice in 70's.
PHX is horrible. One trip in June will tell you that.

Boise is nice area and a big city by most western standards.Denver & Salt Lake being huge.

NM is a bit too western for most folks,weather is terrible and there's nobody here....lol.

Well I got as far as her agreeing to see it, she was bummed because she was leaving ohio to get rid of winter. I was telling her about all the pluses of the area including raising a family compared to in the city in AZ and I think I got her attention.

We're going to book next may/june and plan a 4 day trip in Boise, I think once she's there and sees it she'll be hooked, hopefully. I'm going to look for some festival weekends in june to try and book our trip at the same time so we can check those out. Most likely I'll touch base again to all you boise area locals as what to definitely look at while we're there as far as attractions go.

Thanks for the input guys!

Boise is like Wii Resort. Rafting/kayaking/fishing in the river, rock climbing in the river cliffs, road biking past Luck Peak, boating/fishing at Lucky Peak, hiking/mountain biking the trails, hot air balloon rides and hang gliding if you want. I'm sure I missed a few activities.

Boise is a horrible place, highly recommend somewhere in Colorado, or Montana.

Bad weather, bad traffic, crime, corrupt politicians, etc.

Yep, Colorado is the place to be... or Utah.
I'm confused on the comparison of idaho and Utah. Bad traffic? Where at sir? Crime, well that exists everywhere, especially at the state level in utah. Corrupt politicians? I direct you to my last statement. Just wanting clarification on this. Bad traffic again, I drive through Colorado every week for work, show me where there is no bad traffic there.

Boise is fantastic, not a very big city feel. I've been there for 2 years now, coming from Phoenix, and wouldn't change a thing. It takes longer to gas up my pickup than it does to escape the so called crowd. The weather is perfect if you want all 4 seasons. Nothing too harsh either way. If you go further west you get real shitty winters in the blue mtns/Wallowas. I came from az, originally from il. I love idaho, it offers everything anyone could want. Just my 2 cents.

CaptainCarl, teej89 caught JoseCuervo's sarcasm, you missed it. Selfish imp wants to keep Idaho for himself!

One thing I like about Idaho and the Boise area was a plethora of natural hot springs, on public land, often where you could camp for days and never see another human being. Not sure if it's still like that.

The Treasure valley is awesome! Weather is great, i'm from NE MT, and theres only 2 months out of the year that are nice there Sept. and Oct., compare that too all 12 months here in Idaho. Idaho is great, beaches, McCall is a great place to go for running trails, beaches on Payette and Cascade Lake, theres lots of shopping in Boise if that fancies her, Also lots of stuff that goes on down town Boise. You also have Lake Lowell over in Nampa/caldwell, you have the snake river. You also have the Owyhee Mountains to the south, that are mostly treeless or you can go North too tree'd area's, or you can go up too burgdorf to the hot springs, you like walleye fishing the Columbia river in OR is only 3 hours and its one of the best walleye fishery's in the US, Cascade lake probably produces the biggest Perch in the U.S. right now, Waterfowl hunting is fair to good, Elk and deer and antelope, along with the Big 3(moose,sheep,goat) you got bears, cougars, bobcats, etc.... its an outdoor enthusiasts dream place. Home prices are fair and on there way up the last year or so, did I mention tons of public land! you can boat, ride atv's, hunt, fish, etc.... all within an hour of boise, you can fly to pretty much where ever you want in the west for pretty cheap, OR coast isn't to bad of drive, California isn't to bad either, I think you need to do whatever you can to convince her that Idaho is awesome, compared to Ohio, Id doesn't have a winter, rarely ever gets below 20 degrees, snow doesn't stay more than a couple of days, no humidity hardly ever, doesn't rain to much, hardly no wind, oh did I mention the chukar and quail hunting are awesome on public land! Good luck,
Matt

Back