MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Green and Gold Fest 2016

Big Sky

I was able to sneak out right after work Friday. Man, there are few things I enjoy more than fall around here. Even better when the browns are spawing and aggressive. Life is good!
Troy%20Adams%209-23-16G_zps6c474ju2.jpg~original

Line from Lion King: "When life turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world." So here is my version of that. ;)
Troy%20Adams%209-23-16B_zpsphdw3dfu.jpg~original

Here is the fish that was landed from the previous photo.
Troy%20Adams%209-23-16F_zpsqjblszoj.jpg~original

It was a great evening with consistently nice fish for a tiny creek.
Troy%20Adams%209-23-16D_zpsc9drdpnf.jpg~original

There was a pond nearby and my youngest son managed to get in on the action and land this beautiful rainbow. Now if I could just get him to smile, but he is in 8th grade and is all hard-core ya know. ;) ;) ;)
Hunter%20Adams%209-23-16_zpst8605il1.jpg~original

One more parting photo. This was the last fish I caught and then headed home and watched Civil War on DVD with my son. All in all, a pretty great afternoon!
Troy%20Adams%209-23-16H_zpsr17uioh8.jpg~original

Thank you, it sure was a good time. Might be a week or two before I can get out again so I'm glad this last trip was so successful.

I'll be out this weekend for brookies and browns. Great pics, they are a blast to fish while spawning. The creek I fish will be much smaller though but still holds some good pounders.

BigSky and son,
Another great set of pictures. What great color on the browns.
Thanks for posting them. Always enjoy your threads.
Looks like your son is using one of those nice marabou jigs, right?
Were you guys using them in the creek too?

Yup all jig fishing. For trout it is now my go-to lure. On the Missouri I still use Rapala's, but about every where else I like the jigs. I might even try jigs again on the MO once the weeds clear up. I have caught fish on the MO with jigs, but I hate dealing with all the weeds.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back