Idaho college buddy trip 2017

JWhunter

Hi guys, I was just waning to pick some people's minds on what they think would be a good zone to do a general hunt rifle or archery for elk, for five college guys who are attending u of I in Moscow... We like the idea of the pioneer zone as well as the sawtooth I just figured I'd ask to see what y'all thought.

-- JW

Hi guys, I was just waning to pick some people's minds on what they think would be a good zone to do a general hunt rifle or archery for elk, for five college guys who are attending u of I in Moscow... We like the idea of the pioneer zone as well as the sawtooth I just figured I'd ask to see what y'all thought.

-- JW

I went to school there and we used to hunt the Mallard Larkins country, south of the St. Joe, north of Dwarshak (sp?) and country right around Moscow to the east. This was back in the 80s and there was lots of good hunting. I know you didn't have to go clear to the Sawtooths. Good elk right around Moscow. Hell, we had good in-house professors on campus that specialized in big game biology, habitat, etc. and they were full of advice.

All my maps are buried or I'd pin point some kill spots for you.

East of Bovil there are some logging roads and a big basin with a road along the top of the south rim. Down in the bottom was one of those dream bulls that I never laid eyes on but sounded like a monster. Still haunts me.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back