Wounded Bull....

God answers prayers!! We found him at 7 this morning, and had him quartered out an back to the truck by noon. I did hit a little high and a little back of where I am aimed, still hit lung. Not as an exaggerated mis-shot as I had first thought. Still confused at the 6 inch arrow penetration... I guess it did enough damage to his lungs when he went down the hill and had to jump a fence.

He died about 400 yards downhill from where I shot him at.

When my buddy radioed saying he found him, I'm not going to lie, I had to hold back every emotion to not shed a tear.

September222016.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations! Why hold back on the tear(s)?

Post more pics, looks like a nice bull. I'd like to see a broad side of the terminal forks. Looks interesting.

Congrats on a great bull. Also kudos to you for not giving up too soon and being able to recover your bull.

Glad you were able to find him. I've only lost one animal that I know I hit. It was not fun.

Great job sticking with it. It's a nerve racking night of no sleep. It's amazing how much can happen in only a couple seconds of time that get replayed over and over in your head.

Congratulations and way to stick with it, heard a few of these stories this year.

Way to keep at it and congrats on a good bull! It makes me sick when I hear about people wounding and losing animals without putting in a great effort to find them, we owe them that much at least...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back