Please disregard my post about target panic......

Awesome! and here i thought this was going to be a thread about broken cams or something.

Nice bull. You keep your finger behind the trigger this time?:)

Ease up a bit, there aren't going to be any critters left in Montana the way you're going - antelope, turkey, elk and there's still over a week of September left.;)
Seriously, that is a great looking bull, congratulations!

Walked into a full on rut fest Wednesday afternoon. Had about 2 dozen bulls screaming, fighting and doing elk things. I crept I stealth and had a good 320 6×7 at 80 and thought I could cow call him in closer, but the real cows out competed me. Made a quick move to get in position on another group and had this bull come sprinting it to my first cow call on that set. Tries to range him as he came in and the finder said 80.... 60.... 40....20.... oh CRAP I better shoot. Ended up at 13 yards, and even I can make that shot. Pretty happy with him! There are some bigger ones arround, but was tough to pass up a chip shot on him. He is a young bull so should eat good, but you gotta wonder how big he would have got in a couple years. Headed back out tonight to call for buddies and maybe punch a cow tag. Good luck to those with tags still, now is a good time to be after them.

Attachments

• 2016-09-21 23.30.50.jpg
    2016-09-21 23.30.50.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 120
  • 2016-09-21 23.31.31.jpg
    2016-09-21 23.31.31.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 114
Nice job. No panic there...maybe on his part, but not yours! That picture is awesome. Foggy, wet, burn area. Looks like elk country to me.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back