Caribou Gear Tarp

Podcast #39 with guest Jonathan O'Dell

Cornell2012

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone, apologies for the erratic podcast release schedule. We're aiming for a release every two weeks until the end of hunting season, then maybe we'll try to go back to the weekly episodes. Anyhow, episode 39 has been submitted to our publishing platform and should be available through your podcast app of choice soon. This episode was recorded in Yuma, Arizona and covers a variety of topics from squirrel cook-offs to dove hunting. Hope you enjoy!

I am a big fan of the podcast but this episode is maybe my favorite one. I really enjoyed it, can't wait for the video.

I'm a really big fan of the podcast, this one was really good! Thanks! keep em coming.

Really enjoyed this one.

I had no idea doves were such big deal, nor did I know there were different types of doves and that the doves we hunt are so closely related to the pigeons we scorn. I also really like when someone gets excited about hunting small game, whether it is Randy getting giddy over grouse or Jonathan interpreting those squirrels that ruin our elk stands as coaxing us to come kill them. With my wife and I being on-call for work for many of the last few weekends, I've been too busy to get any bowhunting in this year, and instead of throwing a pity party, I realize I should be taking my kids cottontail/squirrel hunting. I can do all that in cell phone service. Lastly, when Jonathan was talking about all the "songbirds", like Robins, that used to be consumed in this country and still are in others, it makes me feel bad for killing so many with my Red Rider and not cooking them up. Really interesting podcast and a great guest.

I really, really, really enjoyed this episode. I hunt waaaay more small game than deer. I'm a squirrel nut. No pun intended.

Emrah

Good one! Thanks for including small game- makes things seem more well rounded. Randy, I'm sure you'd like snowshoe hare if you used some of Mr. Shaw's recipes. They also seem to be tougher when chased by dogs, though that is still a fun way to hunt them.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back