Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What is the best leather water proofing

I use Obenaufs and snow seal. I always warm my boots in a 170 degree oven and use my fingers to spread the material for better absorption. Didn't Big Fin post a video to YouTube not long ago about caring for your boots?

For my White's and Schnee's, I use SnoSeal or Obenauf's. First, warm up/dry your boots on Peet Boot dryer, next apply boot grease thoroughly, then put back on Peet Boot Dryer to absorb well. Enjoy!

I just use good ol mink oil. I've got a pair of leather boots thats 19years old. Still waterproof with a good coat of mink oil twice a year. I can't say that there has been any damage from the mink oil to the leather.

I read on some blog about using a toilet wax ring. No joke. Get a new one (of course), heat up your boots, rub it in. Sounds like it would work. I bought a new pair of Lacrosse boots I'm thinking of trying it on. Thoughts?

Emrah

If you use a used toilet wax ring it might serve as cover scent. :D Also be carefull not to use too hot an oven to warm your boots. I did that once and it heated the glue enough that the soles separated from the boot.

The wax ring toilet seal is really sticky. I've gotten it on my hands during installation before and it was tough to get off. Don't think I'd want it on my boots.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back