Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Boots

Kenetrek, Meindl, Crispi, Zanderlan
There are 2 kinds of Meindl one that is made for Cabelas(which I wouldn't touch) and there is the true Meindl that Hoffman boot carries for less than Cabela's.
Stay away from Danner, Red Wing and such they are made for the average guy who hunts a little on flat to rolling hill type country. I have 2 pairs of Kennetrek one in the hunter mid winter weight and the desert hiker which is unreal tread. you want boots with a good instep and stiff heels. Which neighter Danner or Red Wing has anymore. Good luck on your choice

Let me correct you. Meindl boots are made in Asia and Germany. There was a time when all Meindl boots that Cabelas sold were made in Germany. They only sold a few models then. Then like they always do Cabelas had some Meindl boots made to their specs. Those are the ones made in Asia. The Meindl boots they sell now that say Made In Germany are still pure Meindl boots made by Meindl. The Perfekt model is a German version and are very good. I believe a couple more models are also made in Gemany.
It's easy to tell the difference. When you go online to Cabelas. Look at the description of the boots. The last thing in the description will say Made In Gemany, or it will say Imported. You don't want the Imported versions. They're made in Asia.

That's unfortunate to hear about your Pronghorns. I recently bought a pair of Danner High Grounds that I will be using for the first time on an upcoming elk hunt this October. If they fail as yours did, I will likely look into the Kenetrek's (Hopefully won't have to).

I would try to seal those babies as best you can before you go. Pay close attention to where the rubber meets the leather. Thats where its coming in. The rest is fine. Hope it works well for you. They are comfy as all get out....until your footsies get wet. I am sure you will be fine. Good luck!

I have two pairs of meindels from Cabelas and like them both. So far so good as far as waterproof, and comfortable. One is the perfekt and the other is lightweight hunters.

Here's my boots. I wear these daily and have for over 9 years. I'm on my 3rd resole job. I scout, fish, hike and hunt the mountains at least 250 days a year. They still have perfect construction and as I said earlier. No leaks. What more can I ask from a boot?

I would try to seal those babies as best you can before you go. Pay close attention to where the rubber meets the leather. Thats where its coming in. The rest is fine. Hope it works well for you. They are comfy as all get out....until your footsies get wet. I am sure you will be fine. Good luck!

What would you seal them with, anything in particular? Thanks-

Here's my boots. I wear these daily and have for over 9 years. I'm on my 3rd resole job. I scout, fish, hike and hunt the mountains at least 250 days a year. They still have perfect construction and as I said earlier. No leaks. What more can I ask from a boot?

What more can you ask? How about that some things be made like they used to be made! Thats a good lookin pair of boots ya got there! I bet slippin the ole feet into them feels like sitting down on a soft couch! Im jealous!

Eyeguy..........You know what sold me on the boot? It's the only boot that's recommended by a Podiatrist. I did something I never recommend. The first day I put them on I went for a 5 mile hike. I was pleasently surprised that my feet were comfortable with no sign of a blister. I would have bought a new pair every year if I had to, but to still be wearing the same pair after 9 years blows me away.

I always recommend them, but I wonder if the ones sold now are the same as what I have?

Eyeguy..........You know what sold me on the boot? It's the only boot that's recommended by a Podiatrist. I did something I never recommend. The first day I put them on I went for a 5 mile hike. I was pleasently surprised that my feet were comfortable with no sign of a blister. I would have bought a new pair every year if I had to, but to still be wearing the same pair after 9 years blows me away.

I always recommend them, but I wonder if the ones sold now are the same as what I have?

Im not sure on this. But take dang good care of those things! A good pair of boots is better then a good rifle! :cool:

I have wide feet so Danner does not work for me. I went with some Irish Setter Elk Tracker boots that I purchased from the local Red Wings store. The are comfortable, warm, supportive, and waterproof for going on their 4th season. Once a year I take them in for new laces and leather treatment as provided by their warranty and guarantee. Not sure about the price difference but they fit great and are standing the test of time!

Im gonna go all in on a pair of boots this winter myself. It will probably be the Cabelas Meindle's due to the fact that I have very particular feet, one with a rather large plate in it, and Cabelas is the only place within 100 miles that would have anything in this category to actually try on. If I didnt I would be ordering, trying on, returning, re-ordering, etc. Story of my life.

Guys. Seriously grateful for the input. I think I am going to decide between Cabelas (Meindles) and Zamberlans. If anyone is interested they both have smoking deals going at the moment. Cabelas has 20% off and free shipping and Zamberlans (Vioz High Goretex) are on sale on Sierra Trading website for 30% off. I may order both sets and send back the ones that fit me the least comfortable.

I have Meindls as well and I like them. I also have Schnee's Hunter 2 pac boots that I like for the really cold days. I just bought some Saloman Quest 4D 2 GTX that I really, really like. I have been wearing them for everyday use and am wearing them on my New Mexico hunt. I will have the Meindls in the truck for backup.

I have two pairs of Crispi's and and loving them.

They aren't cheap but I am mighty impressed with them.

I have very wide feet and have trouble finding comfortable boots but both pairs of Crispi's fit great.

Kenetrek's hurt the hell out of my fat feet and I can't wear them.

Lowa tibets have been great for me. I've had two pair since 2009. I hate to think how many miles are on them.

Guys. Seriously grateful for the input. I think I am going to decide between Cabelas (Meindles) and Zamberlans. If anyone is interested they both have smoking deals going at the moment. Cabelas has 20% off and free shipping and Zamberlans (Vioz High Goretex) are on sale on Sierra Trading website for 30% off. I may order both sets and send back the ones that fit me the least comfortable.

Where are you seeing the Meindl's on sale?

Where are you seeing the Meindl's on sale?
Anything that has Cabelas name on it is 20 percent off right now.

I'm only seeing one Meindl that is made in Germany on their site right now.

Anything that has Cabelas name on it is 20 percent off right now.

I'm only seeing one Meindl that is made in Germany on their site right now.

There's two. The original Perfekt like the one I have and the Denali uninsulated. They even came out with a different Perfekt model called the Extreme. It's an Asia boot and it's going to ruin the reputation of the Perfekt model. Most buyers won't know one is German and the other is Asian.

Leave it to Cabelas to screw up a good thing. I'll bet anything that the original German Meindl's will be phased out, because they don't make as much profit on them.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back