Caribou Gear Tarp

Buck,Buck ,Moose cook book.

hank4elk

I just got my new game cook book,Buck,Buck,Moose by Hank Shaw.
Spent an hour drooling and planning future meals.
I do have some Corned Venison going from Hanks recipe and will try it out Sat.

My copy has arrived, but I havent had a chance to pick it up and read it yet. I too, am salivating at the prospect of new meals. Hank Shaw knows his wild game cooking.

Hanks corned venison from his first book Hunt Gather Cook, is a mainstay in our house. I can't wait for my Buck Buck Moose to so up.

I'm still waiting - but looks like they are hitting MT - so maybe tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

Got mine last week. After going through it I've decided to try for a cover to cover challenge. If we fill our tags we should be able to pull it off minus the tripe and kidneys.

Got mine last week. After going through it I've decided to try for a cover to cover challenge. If we fill our tags we should be able to pull it off minus the tripe and kidneys.

Echo's my thoughts. Although, I suppose if I'm feeling particularly adventurous I could see myself trying the kidney recipe.

The corned venison ,potatoes & cabbage was a big hit with the neighbors! We finished dinner with berry pie.

Mine was shipped Friday. Should be here toda... Dang you government holidays! (all sarcasm)

I can't wait till I get a chance to try some recipes.

I kinda want to try the kidneys once, just to say I did it...but I had the exact same thought about cooking through the book.

I am going to try a new thing this year. I have been studying on how to get the most utilization out of the deer carcass, so to increase it this year I am going to attempt to make scrapple. This should leave me with nothing but clean bones, hide and guts when completed with processing.

If your in the try it once mood there may not be much for guts left either. I'm sure after a couple beers we could get Hank to let you in on some wobbly bits recipes that didn't make the book.

If your in the try it once mood there may not be much for guts left either. I'm sure after a couple beers we could get Hank to let you in on some wobbly bits recipes that didn't make the book.

hahaha....nothing a few too many beers cant handle! Maybe that is the ticket - a three AM beer infused wobbly bit tasting?!?

Got mine a couple weeks ago and it sure got me stoked for hunting season (as if I wasn't already).

Anybody plan on going to one of his stops on his book tour? He's going to be in OKC next monh and I am going to call today to make a reservation for my wife and I. This is the only one of his books I have so I may try to pick up 1-2 more before the date and get them all signed.

I haven't received mine yet either.

Hank posted an update on the kickstarter campaign - I backed that and got the 5 book set (figured that would be X-mas presents). The update he posted last week said there was an issue in shipping the 5-book sets. They were shipped on the 8th of Sept, and supposed to take 5-8 days. I'm hoping to receive mine in the next day or so.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back