CVA Accura V2 LR

nhn2a

Does anyone on here have the CVA Accura V2 LR and if so, do you feel like you receive any noticeable difference from the standard V2 or MR? I need to buy a new muzzleloader and have narrowed it down to wanting a CVA Accura. I'm just torn between the MR, V2 and V2 LR. I've researched them all fairly extensively and cant find any data to say exactly what benefit you get from the LR (i.e. x amount of additional range). All CVA's website says is that it will be "The Most Accurate Muzzleloader You've Ever Shot." I cant find any quantifiable data to say for instance that the LR will be accurate out to 300 yrds vs the V2 at 200 yrds or something similar. All the reviews I've read have people using all three pretty accurately in the 100 - 200 yrd range.

I personally can't believe an extra 2 inches will make or break a shot, but it sure does add some weight to the deal. Since I hunt in rocky hills and mountains (steep) my choice was between the V2 and MR. I settled on the V2 and got the thumbhole version because it felt like it fit like a glove. I still wonder if I should have saved 1.5 pounds and got the MR, though.

That said, the V2 shoots really great and I'm getting MOA or better with blackhorn 209 and Barnes 250 TEZ. I suggest you buy the regular V2 from Carlos at Ed's Gun shop (look up the store online, they are located in NC).

Ephraim

Ephraim,

Thanks for the response! What range are you shooting when you say you're getting MOA or better? Also, how far out have you tried shooting it?

Only 100 yards. I've been busy learning about reloading for my center fire rifles but will go to the range and shoot the Accura out to 175 (my intended zero) and 200 soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back