PEAX Equipment

Which side to start up on

Majja

If you were hunting this area in early October would you head up on the West facing side or East facing side in the morning. Which side yould you head up.jpg

I would want to be on the West side so I could glass the East facing slope in the mornings.

You'll have the sun at your back going up East side. If it's cold the animals may be on the west slope to catch the rising sun and warmth. But either way looks pretty good, away from the roads is probably best idea.

Agree with wytex. I'd be on the east side looking west to catch critters moving in the morning sun.

I'd hunt thicker east facing slopes based on no other info. Possibly those north facing slopes.

I would be right on top of that ridge in the middle of your circle at first light. Looks like you could glass just about the entire circle form that point without having to move very much and you would not be looking into the sun. Might even spend the whole morning on that ridge moving little and glassing a lot.

I'd want the sun at my back in the morning, so I'd say start on the east side. Looks like pretty country!

It is very pretty. I am fortunate to have this in my home state. It is also a plus that the road pushes back to the north.

I would be right on top of that ridge in the middle of your circle at first light. Looks like you could glass just about the entire circle form that point without having to move very much and you would not be looking into the sun. Might even spend the whole morning on that ridge moving little and glassing a lot.

^^This.

Find where the elk are then plan from there.

Back