PEAX Equipment

Scope Rings

Turns out Talley has fantastic customer service as well.

I stripped a screw out last night trying to mount a new set of rings, and they had a new set in the mail with a tracking number for me at 6:30 this morning.

Turns out Talley has fantastic customer service as well.

I stripped a screw out last night trying to mount a new set of rings, and they had a new set in the mail with a tracking number for me at 6:30 this morning.

I had the same experience when I over-tightened a set of their lightweights. They had new a one in the mail almost instantly.

I have Leupolds and I have Talley LW's. Both are great. I tend to go with Talleys for ease of instillation. Both are quality products and work great. The Leupold PRW rings are nice also. Can't really go wrong with either IMHO.

I agree and both have good service.
I needed a 1" forward/back base option from the stock Talley LW I got for the TC Omega, as my MZ stock is short for me and had eye paralax type problem even with a Simms pad to get comfort/feel/length.Talked to a Talley guy about it and the base was at my home 2 days later,no charge-keep the other. Like happy customers he said.

Last edited:
Well, I have had great CS from Leupold too. But on a larger scale. Long story short, took a bit of a tumble compliments of a PO'ed cow moose and damaged a scope. This was on a fall bear hunt, general big game days away. Leupold repaired it and shipped it back in time for me to be ready for the opener. I'll buy Leupold scope mounts over any others. mtmuley

Guess I'm the only one to have a set of Talley LW crack and split?

I have them on 5 of my rifles and never had a problem with cracking, splitting, etc. Have them on my 338 and used them for the first time on a muskox hunt. I'm sure they can split, have a flaw from the factory, but IME, you'd have to go full gorilla to break them.

I also agree that talley has great customer service. I bought a set for one of my 700's and it had a low and medium in the original packaging (that will get you frustrated when you go to bore-sight a rifle). Got in touch with talley and 2 days later I had the correct bases for both a medium and low.

I asked them if I should send back the medium as I wanted just the low...said nope, in fact, we'll send the medium replacement, use them on another of your 700's.

if you do go with the Talley lightweight rings, make sure you check out prices for both the HOwa and for the "Weatherby Vanguard". Howa makes the Vanguard. I bought Talley rings for my Howa Alpine Mountain rifle and saved $25 on the rings because they were the Vanguard model and not the Howa model. just lucked out that Amazon was selling the Vanguards cheaper. I confirmed with Talley that they would work before purchasing just to be sure. was very happy with them. I did lap the rings and after doing it I would say it is a must.

Stripping the threads with the Talley product seems to be a common affliction among users here. Why? mtmuley

Stripping the threads with the Talley product seems to be a common affliction among users here. Why? mtmuley

Operator error by the amateur gunsmiths...my guess. You don't need this guy tightening the things like you're going to rappel off them.

gorilla.jpg

Last edited:
I accidentally ripped the door off my truck this morning as well. With a build like mine you just have to expect these things.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColtenGilbert
Back