Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Hunting cottontail during my Wyoming goat hunt

bigdonniebrasco

I can't seem to find what it would cost me to get legal to pop a few bunnies for dinner while hunting antelope in Wyoming. (NON-RES)

Any of you all know?

Thanks!

Don

Out of state is $72 for the year and like $15 for the day. Its under the purchase licence part on the website. I will be doing the same.

yikes... that is some SPENDY rabbit for camp meat!

a few days of shooting bunnies, is more than a nonres doe tag ;P

Thanks.

Limit is 10 per day. I'm just gonna buy one day and let em have it. Lol

Cottontail cut up like chicken and rolled in flour and cooked in olive oil oh my! Some nice hashbrowns and eggs. Cottontails are great to eat!

I hunted east of Buffalo last year and was shocked at the number of cottontails. Not sure if they had a huge die off, but if not there should be a ridiculous amount of them around. Never seen anything like it in my life.

Just remember if you are hunting a Hunter Management Area, and I assume a Walk-In Area, you can only hunt the species for which the permission slip is granted. That said, we saw a ridiculous amount of cottontails last year on our elk hunt.

I hunted east of Buffalo last year and was shocked at the number of cottontails. Not sure if they had a huge die off, but if not there should be a ridiculous amount of them around. Never seen anything like it in my life.

I agree! I was there too last year and bet I saw 100+ rabbits a day. I'm thinking pretty hard about picking up the license and bringing a 22 along this year.

Sage grouse season will be in September also. They are also fun to hunt and shoot a young one to eat, marinating helps.

Hunted in unit 24 last year south of Gillette literally saw hundreds of bunnies couldn't believe it

I'm taking the Ruger 10/22 this weekend with the same thoughts in mind. A little hasenpfeffer to tide me over until I can maybe get an antelope. Fortunately in NM they are considered a non-game species so its open season year round.

Last year I splurged for the non resident small game license because it was cheaper than going to jail for popping the little buggers! I think I filled my limit every day I was antelope or deer hunting in WY. This year I have not seen hardly any because it has been so warm...dang it. Will have to make a couple of trips back to get my moneys worth of rabbits when the snow hits good.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back