Healthy Ground Venison Recipes

teej89

I have maybe 50# of elk left and it's mostly ground meat... with my WY antelope hunt, CO elk hunt and 3 OH deer tags I gotta make room, well i'm hoping I have to make room. My fiance and I are big into fitness and eating healthy so what recipes do you have for ground venison? Other than burgers, tacos, meatloaf, sloppy joes, can't think of any others... also it's a plus if the recipe has a lot of protein, meaning like not using a pound of meat for a 4 pound casserole, I typ eat 8-10oz of meat per meal so i typically just eat meat with a side of veggies.

Thanks guys!

Meatballs with zucchini or spaghetti squash pasta.

Ground meat kabobs

I know you mentioned meatloaf, but I like to make three or four extra, slice and freeze them for quick meals either at home or in camp. You could do the same with meatballs.

We like to brown 2# then add some EVOO and added zucchinni, onions, and mushrooms. Cook till the veggies are done and season with your choice.

A BIG HIT at our house is using burger for jerky. The wife and boys like the texture much better than sliced. It doesn't last long at all...

Sounds like it is time to have an end of summer BBQ with twenty to thirty of your closest friends.You supply the burgers they supply the sides and refreshments.

BACON MEATBALLS stuffed with Cheese

Ingredients
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 eggs
- ½ to 1 cup fresh bread crumb
- 20 mozzarella balls
- 20 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub
- BBQ Sauce

How to:
- Mix the, egg. ground meat, bread crumbs and dry rub
- Mix until you have a smooth consistency
- Take bit of the ground meat and flatten it in your hand
- Place a mozzarella ball in the middle and form it into a ball
- Roll it in the palm of your hand until the surface becomes smooth
- Roll the meatball in a slice of bacon
- Smoke the meatballs in the barbecue of or in the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. This will take about 15- 20 minutes.
- Brush on some BBQ sauce and let it sit on the barbecue for another 5 minutes
- Enjoy these bacon balls with a cold one and some friends!!

We like to brown 2# then add some EVOO and added zucchinni, onions, and mushrooms. Cook till the veggies are done and season with your choice.

A BIG HIT at our house is using burger for jerky. The wife and boys like the texture much better than sliced. It doesn't last long at all...

that's simple and sounds good!! I want to try jerky, I've never made it before... I have a dehydrator that my uncle gave me i'm assuming I'd just have to get something to squeeze the jerky into strips.

We also do meatballs, I forgot that one but thanks for the recipe!

Ground meat kabobs

I know you mentioned meatloaf, but I like to make three or four extra, slice and freeze them for quick meals either at home or in camp. You could do the same with meatballs.

what are ground meat kabobs?

The freezing meatloaf into portions I like!

Finally tried the ground burger jerky when my wife brought home a jerky gun from a thrift shop. I found the idea silly, as its like a caulk gun. After trying some ... I might never do the roast strip jerky again. The gun cleans up very easily, too.

My wife makes dirty rice as well as burger stir fry. Just moderate the protein to carb ratio to whatever suits you.

Lettuce wraps.......Saute the meat with an Asian style sauce.....don't have a recipe on hand but if you google lettuce wraps you can replace the protein with the ground elk you have.

"Veggie" lasagna, with zucchini in place of noodles.

Stuffed bell peppers or tomatoes - there are a million variations but basically brown your burger, saute some "filler" veggies (squash, mushrooms, celery, onion, whatever), mix meat/veggies, fill up your pepper/tomato, and bake for 20-30 minutes.

Hamburger soup - again, lots of variations.

that's simple and sounds good!! I want to try jerky, I've never made it before... I have a dehydrator that my uncle gave me i'm assuming I'd just have to get something to squeeze the jerky into strips.

We also do meatballs, I forgot that one but thanks for the recipe!
Dehydrator would work. I use a jerky gun and the seasoning kits from NESCO. I kick mine up a bit with some added spices, especially chipotle powder. If you start experimenting with other seasonings, be sure to write down what you put in there. Makes it much easier to replicate or not...

Get some breakfast sausage seasoning from your local meat counter and mix it with your ground meat. Cook up some eggs and you have a protein packed breakfast.

Get some breakfast sausage seasoning from your local meat counter and mix it with your ground meat. Cook up some eggs and you have a protein packed breakfast.

This. I add breakfast sausage or chorizo seasonings and cook it up with some eggs and potatoes then roll it up in a tortilla with some hot sauce for a great breakfast burrito.

Meat Slop

Stew together 2-3 pounds of meat, an onion, a head of cabbage, canned tomatoes, and garlic.

Add peppers, spices, other ingredients to your liking.

search and you can find many recipes on hamburger stew, then make it like you like!!

Calabasitas ... Brown a pound of meat with one green squash and one yellow squash, add green chiles, cubed tomatoes and a can of tomatoe sauce or some paste and water! Sometimes we add onions bell peppers and roasted corn... Just depends on what we have!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back