Yeti GOBOX Collection

Going to do it, DIY moose Brooks Range help needed

gremcat

Legs healed up, I climbed a Glen into a Falls today and managed to climb it in 30 minutes or so. A bit out of breath but it was a lot of scree and shear faces. It is about .5 mile from where we are trying to buy a home. If I can hike it twice a week with 100 lbs in my Ilbe I should be good. I guess I am into 2018 now. Going to try 40 mile. Don't have a partner as most of my buddies couldn't handle it physically. I may have to go on his cancellation list. Any other flight services going into Brooks Range tgat are reputable. With 4 children and hitting mid 30s this may be my one chance to fulfill a promise I made myself when learning to walk again 2 years ago. I want a mountain drop hunt in remote wilderness with a reputable service. I am sure there are others. I wonder if I volunteer for his thickest,nastiest area I might get on his list in 2018. I know I can do a caribou first but really want to go all in on remote moose. Anyone have a packing list that might help. Thinking now that I am in the mountains of zPA taking the week of hunting season to go in remote places in the park mountains for the whole season just to work out bugs. Thanks again,
Jeremia

They have lake hunts available with 40 mile,and any moose areas where u don't need to worry about judging size.I'm a past customer with them.If u need a partner, you may be able to talk me into it.Their area is incredible.Don't look past a caibou hunt.It's a fun hunt and will help with plenty of targets

Jeremia,

Hope the rehab goes well! If you PM me your email address, I can send you a draft gear list...it's got a few extras on it, but I like bringing in a backup tent and some extra food, as opposed to a more Spartan camp.

40 Mile is awesome, I like their country and the way they run their operation. You could also try Jim Cummings (Golden Eagle Outfitters) out of Delta Junction, or Wright Air our of Fairbanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back