MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Hello - I am TahoeWesternHunter

I'm really excited to join the forum. I watched a couple Newberg YouTube videos over the past couple years but honestly was turned off by the production and acting. I understand that's part of television but I just like a more authentic feel. Anyways, I heard Randy on a podcast advocating public lands and immediately realized I completely misunderstood what he was about. I've been eating up all content since then.

I grew up hunting game birds in CA but only could imagine big game hunting through my fathers stories. He was a very successful and avid mule deer hunter but stopped when I was around 10 years old. Once I graduated college and settled in Lake Tahoe, I asked my father if he'd like to get into deer hunting again. It was something I always wanted to do with him but never got the chance. 5 years later it's become the most rewarding experience of my life. He's 69 now with two artificial hips and more back surgeries than I really know. I've learned so much about myself and my father through hunting that it's hard to explain to those who haven't experienced it. Last year I watched him climb mountains with a cane and rifle... He may have taken a long break but the meaning of it all never left him.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to being apart of this community to learn from others and share my experiences. I have several tags this year, including a NV antelope and Idaho mule deer. But I'm most excited about having a NV late cow elk tag with my dad. He has a "bucket list" item to hunt with an open sight 45/70. When he called me two years ago and asked if it was a crazy thing to want... I told him no and immediately started researching a good hunt for us. Hunting means so much to my relationship to my father and I am so greatly he brought me into it. I'm excited to share my experiences with you and hear yours.

Steven

Welcome to the forum. Ive watched all of Randys videos. I dont know of any other man that is more real than Randy. Good luck on your hunts.

Welcome to the forum! Spend as much time as you can with your dad, my dad has been gone over 15 years, I do miss him!

Life tends to get in the way at times. Glad that you and your dad were able to reconnect on the hunting aspect and enjoy times in the field. Good luck this season.

Welcome! I just spent last week in Tahoe (Incline Village) and was in Tahoe City a few times. Nice area there!

Welcome.
Randy is a bad actor,ask him......but a great person & hunter.....lol

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back