G'day from Aus

Aussie_hunter_JD

G'day guys,

I was forwarded to this website by a like minded diy hunter and think I've landed in the right place.

Names JD, i live in Australia and am an avid diy hunter. Hunt ducks and quail, foxes and hares over simmer, dp some kangaroo culling but my bread and butter is big game hunting in Australia and NZ.

Here are a few pics that show just a taste of some of the things I hunt here.

I'm here to see a few stories from done like-minded people, add some of my own and hopefully make some contacts in the states.

I'm planning on heading over in 2018 fir a holiday/hunt.
Want to try for either elk or mule deer and looking to do diy or hunt swap with someone.

Anyway enjoy the pics,

JD

Free range aussie red

Nz tahr

Aussie fallow

Aussie sambar

Aussie hog deer (my pride and joy - the only species with a draw and I drew a tag after 8 years!)

Last edited:
Welcome jp,

Always great to have brother hunters from other parts of our world join us and share.

Great animals!

Southwind - when you decide to do it I'm happy to help out with some info. It's about $35Us for a 2 week international big game licence that gives you access to reds, fallow, sambar with no tags or limits. The only catch is you need to hunt with an aussie resident but that's easy.

Cheers duck hunt!

Great idea to join up. Bunch of great guys on here. That's a nice tahr, was that from this years rut?

Thanks Ishootdasmallones!

Kiwi - Cheers for the heads up on this forum mate looks great. This bloke wasn't overly big but had a great mane. My brother took a heavy 13 1/2" bull, was a thumper. This was from a couple of Ruts ago. Haven't been since 2014 so keen to get back over next year. Wanted to tick cham off the list but I just can't help but get back after sika again!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back