ATV ramp advice?

Khunter

Need new Atv ramps for loading into my pickup bed. Suggestions/recommendations on style, brand, model?

the 2 ramps I had were always dicey in wet conditions and came from SAMs club. They are dicey after one broke mid-loading....

presume a bifold or trifold is more the ideal than duals ramps? Yes/no.

advice appreciated on style, brand, etc...

Last I used before switching to trailer were aluminum tri-fold with adjustable width. No problems with an 800 Can Am. Don't recall the brand but they were a couple hundred bucks and built substantially. I'd had enough atv loading rodeos & these did away with the adventure aspect.

I had the two ramps for a while...yikes. Glad I ruined them by trying to load my tractor onto a trailer with them. Never felt comfortable with them. Have a bi-fold ramp now and very happy.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Yutr...gclid=COzU7_z5k84CFQqPaQodNTwBIQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Is this what everyone is talking about when they say aluminum tri-fold?

That's what I use. The 6' length is pretty steep going into the truck bed on flat ground. It can be done but you either need to get a run at it or be in 4X4.

I just loaded mine up this morning and I just go to a spot with a ditch or a dip and get the rear wheels of the truck down in it and that makes loading WAY easier.

I've never really had a problem finding a good spot to load or unload it but if you didn't want to have to worry about finding a spot to load or unload you would need to get a ramp that was longer than 6'.

My 2 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back