Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Reading material during hunts

birddog32

There was a thread on here that I can't find where authors were recommended for good reads while hunting. I can't find it. All I know is someone mentioned Lee Child. Gone thru 10 of his books so far. Read everything CJ Box has written. Any advice on some other good authors of fiction. Thanks in advance.

You can't go wrong with CJ Box's Joe Pickett and Nate Romanowski going western! I promise if you read the first book you'll be hooked!

I have a pretty humorous story about reading material, first year my girlfriend was elk hunting with me, I told her to bring something to read incase we get weathered in the the tent. So the first day, we are on about mile 9 of a nasty 14.5 mile loop, she is having issues, so I tell her to let me take some stuff out of her pack, at first she balked at the idea but after the 5th she conceded and let me go through her pack to take the heavy stuff, so I grab her water, knife and Im routing through her bag and pull out a book, not just any book but 50 Shades of Grey, first I was like what the world, then I started laughing, guess I should have told her it was for the tent and only the tent :D

I have a pretty humorous story about reading material, first year my girlfriend was elk hunting with me, I told her to bring something to read incase we get weathered in the the tent. So the first day, we are on about mile 9 of a nasty 14.5 mile loop, she is having issues, so I tell her to let me take some stuff out of her pack, at first she balked at the idea but after the 5th she conceded and let me go through her pack to take the heavy stuff, so I grab her water, knife and Im routing through her bag and pull out a book, not just any book but 50 Shades of Grey, first I was like what the world, then I started laughing, guess I should have told her it was for the tent and only the tent :D
I'd have been tickled with that turn of events!

If you mean AFTER hunting time, then I can see a possibility, but anybody reading during hunting time, is not real serious about killing anything.

Craig Johnson is awesome - pick up any of his Walt Longmire mysteries and you'll be happy. Lots of Wyoming there and you can thank me next week.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurek
Back