Rob G - You and your big mouth (keyboard)

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Just when Montana hunters and anglers thought they had seen the last of one of their most venomous adversaries in the Montana legislature, Art Wittich, he decides to sue a Hunt Talker over a factual letter to the editor in the local newspaper.

Link here - http://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...cle_e46bb5c1-b8f0-5ac6-8ae2-9b8cd150ba3d.html

I post this for a few reasons. This chickenshit behavior is often used to silence hunters and anglers. Schmalts was threatened with a lawsuit a few years ago by an ass clown who runs the wildlife mafia down in Utah, all because Schmalts was shining some light on the cockroaches operating under the cover of political darkness. Now, Rob writes a very factual letter supporting a common sense guy in the Republican Party (who won the primary), only to have a sore loser incumbent, who is also an attorney, file a lawsuit against him. In between those two events, other hunters and anglers have told me they have been warned to tone it down or face lawsuits.

What a sad commentary on the fiefdom-style cronyism that western state politics has come to be. Complete and utter bullshit. If we can't disagree and accept that others are entitled to a different opinion, if the facts cannot be stated for what they are, if some in leadership positions feel they can bully people with threats of, or actual, litigation, then we have some serious problems.

I wish this was the exception of how thing have been operating in the small population states of the west. It is more the norm. These small-population western states have been bought and paid for by out-of-state interests. The person suing Rob, was President of the Montana Senate at one time, and was sued by the state Office of Political Practices. The person suing Rob lost that case and is now awaiting what sentence will come of it. The person suing Rob was found guilty to have circumvented state campaign laws in a big way, by taking money, services, and other benefits from out-of-state dark money groups.

This is how/why the Montana Legislature has become openly hostile to hunters, anglers, and recreationists. These groups who are pulling the strings on the puppets in our legislature have no use for us obstructionist hunters and anglers. We are in constant conflict with this fringe element. They have seemingly endless supplies of money, and just the opposite amount of character and couth. These money groups get to hand-pick their puppets to carry out their objectives. We in the hunting and fishing world are merely debris that must be removed for them to accomplish their objectives.

Stick with it Rob. If you end up incurring legal fees to defend yourself from the ass clowns who are lap dogs to the out-of-state bankrolls, I will use this forum to raise money for your defense, and maybe even raise money for you to mount an offense.

I don't care what side of the aisle you are from, whether at a state or national level, whether in Montana or elsewhere, when elected officials start suing their constituents for speaking out, people should start questioning what the hell is going on.

Many claim that Wittich is an adviser to one of the gubernatorial candidates in the upcoming Montana election. That candidate would be well served to treat Wittich as nuclear waste, immediately.

Man, Wittich is a chump. Good on you Rob. I'd be happy to donate for any defense and would love to see an offense to put this fool in his place.

Thanks Randy. I'm guessing Wittich is going to come out of this smelling like something other than a rose.

Frontline had a show about how the bad guys are using the dark money to steal Montana elections, even a bit about the Wittich story when it was breaking. It's a bit dramatic, but highlights the issues we face from these out of state interests. Ironically, we can't sue dark money since they are anonymous.

Now that Wittich and Monforton are gone and a few honest republicans survived attacks in the primary I'm hoping the tide is turning.

If this comes to anything, I am sure Hunt Talk could round up some funds for you to give them hell.

I will never understand how he can think this is a good idea, but I shouldn't have expected anything else from someone as reputable as Art Wittich.

Wow, on the one hand, but not surprised by Wittich and the dark money clowns on the other.

Rob, very well done and I'm sure you will get a lot of support from the hunting and angling community in Montana and elsewhere. This is not unique to Montana and IMO, hunters and anglers need to support guys like you who find themselves in this situation for doing nothing more than speaking the truth. That, and exposing arseholes like Wittich for what they really are.

But, if we show support for guys like Rob, and kick guys like Wittich in the crotch...it will send a message to other states and their elected officials that hunters are sick and tired of this shit.

I'm with Randy, if Wittich continues with his bluff, I will be supporting any such lawsuit financially as well...and doing all I can to shine even more light on this clown.

Events like this will continue unless we stop taking it...and I'm about 200% over hunters/anglers/public land supporters being silenced by the likes of fools like Wittich.

Count me in also if you need a donation

Ill send in a donation, I might be from PA, but Im deeply concerned with what happens in Montana, especially with Montana Hunting.

Thanks for the financial offers. I'm guessing they won't be needed since I don't think he has a case. I hope this doesn't discourage people from speaking out since that is his intent. I've been doing it for a long time and never had an issue. The only other time I heard of a citizen being harassed by an elected official was again with Wittich. It was also his intent to silence the opposition when he tried to close the primaries to independent voters. We have to keep speaking out or they will take away our voice.

Last edited:
My favorite part.

“Sadly, the Dems are employing speech police all over America to silence conservatives, including Montana,” Wittich wrote in a July 7 Facebook post.

Rob-will be glad to help out financially if you need to hire an attorney.
Vito

Rob, we just returned from an uplifting hike to Our Lake on the Rocky Mountain Front, to read and learn of yet another Wittich debacle. This news ruined my great attitude. Count me in for whatever I can do to support financially or otherwise.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back