Nockturnal Lighted Nocks

Bowhunter60

Has anyone used the Nockturnal Lighted Nocks? I just purchased a batch for my CE Maxima Reds. They are bright, install very easily, and have worked well with each shot. My only issue, and it's a minor one. Shutting them off. I've used the tip of my knife to slide the switch away, toward the tip of the nock, but they do not shut off easily. I've read about them, and some say using the tip of a field point works well. I don't want to damage the knocks with my knife, so my question is, what do most of you, who have experience with these arrows use? And how do you shut them off?

They are a bit stiff at first, but seem to loosen up a bit after some use. I bought the nockturnal tool for $6.00 which works well. It's also an installation tool. So far, I've been pretty happy with these nocks.

They are a bit stiff at first, but seem to loosen up a bit after some use. I bought the nockturnal tool for $6.00 which works well. It's also an installation tool. So far, I've been pretty happy with these nocks.

I've got these nocks on my arrows now. I've shot them several times and they fire up every time. My only issue is that it's a little tough turning them off.

What color do you guys prefer? I had some green a few years ago but thinking of going with red this time.

I use the red. I've been using my knife tip for a couple years in the field. I got a bass hook stuck on the bench at the house that I use.

Check out ignitor knocks the battery is replaceable, the battery only weighs 2gr, and they use a uni bushing that makes the arrow stronger

I use tip of field point or broadhead. I have lumenocks as well but I'm always worried they will inadvertently turn on (although the nockturnals do that too). Eh, what are ya gonna do?

I use to shoot the TGB brand before they sold out. They're like the Nockturnals. I use the tip of my knife to shut it off. I love the green colored ones. I bought some of the Ignitors, but don't like having to glue in an insert for the nock. Only time will tell if the Ignitors stay around.

I use Nockturnals too. Yes, they vary from nock to nock, but they are hard to turn off as a rule. In my experience they do not get easier. My son shot one broadhead arrow several times without turning it off in between. No was could we get that thing to turn off. My advice is to turn them off after each shot.

I have used red and green, but like the green a whole bunch better. They are both easy to see in low light, but the green shows up much better in flight on brighter days. Some older ones I have don't fit my Carbon Express Hunter shafts very well. Nocks I bought last year fit much tighter and stay in the shaft if you pull it off the string. The older ones liked to stay with the string!

What color do you guys prefer? I had some green a few years ago but thinking of going with red this time.

The Red nocks are the brightest for sure, and are my choice for bright sunny days. Inside ranges green is is good, and I haven't found any use for blue. Just can not see them. I usually just use a field tip to shut them off.

Back