Yeti GOBOX Collection

Pennsylvania Elk

JDF congrats. I was up at the elk expo in benezett. What unit did you draw? If you need any help let me know! Not the best caller still working on it but very good at packing out. Had a lot of experience out west so be a litter easier here haha

Zone 13 Tag

Crazy how having a PA Bull Tag can excite me so much compared to annual yearly trip to Colorado High Country in September.

My wife drew a CO Bear archery tag along with our Colorado Elk tags..

I may be looking for 2nd job for taxidermy bills.

My app still says pending, I have 13 points but I don't know what I had last year......

There is a utube video of the drawing online. That's how I learned I was a loser.

Congrats jdf!!! Please post pictures and a story when you're done, I'd love to read about your hunt!

From what I hear those bulls bugle much more than those over here where there are wolves. I've got 5 points in now, and will probably start putting in for the draw next year. They say the next world record will probably come from PA.

Well can't believe this and my post above!!

I drew PA Bull Tag yesterday.. Dream tag

Now lots of scouting and homework..

I will be trying DIY with my bow to start..

Congratulations! Hope to hear a great story of how it went when it's all said and done. GOOD LUCK!! :cool:

Spend this past Friday and Sunday putting boots on ground in Zone I drew to do some scouting.
Found some nice areas. Saw 10 bulls Sundaywith 2 slammers.
Good start to my scouting.

Congrats JDF - I drew a bull tag the first year they had the drawing. Guided a couple times since then up there. You're in for an awesome time, and two pieces of advice - when the elk are near the road they appear tame, find them in the hills and they are as wild as a deer. Second piece of advice, they will move considerably from now until the hunt. You can do it on your own, but for probably a little more than a $1000, there are guides up there that keep tabs on them and have access to private land. Good luck and post your pictures!

Congrats JDF - I drew a bull tag the first year they had the drawing. Guided a couple times since then up there. You're in for an awesome time, and two pieces of advice - when the elk are near the road they appear tame, find them in the hills and they are as wild as a deer. Second piece of advice, they will move considerably from now until the hunt. You can do it on your own, but for probably a little more than a $1000, there are guides up there that keep tabs on them and have access to private land. Good luck and post your pictures!

Thanks.. I'm close enough to keep track of them

Coming quick.
Well looks like some of you could see my PA Bull Elk hunt.
My wife and I had our Colorado elk hunt by Outdoor Channel show Addicted to the Outdoors.

They are sending camera man to film my PA Hunt also.
Hoping to redeem myself.

Put alot of hours and miles in so far scouting.

I must be outta my mind.
Passed on a 7x6 yesterday morning at 100 yds..
I may regret.. just have had my eyes on a couple bigger

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back