New Jersey Black Bear

rvasdias

Every year since I have started hunting the NJ black bear season has coincided with the Firearms Deer. Since I live in South Jersey, it never made sense to go up to North Jersey to try my luck since I would miss out on deer. This year, there is a new early bear season in mid October (Combo: Archery First 3 days & Archery/ML Last 3 days). I know a lot of land up there is state, but I have no idea where to begin. It looks like Sussex county has the best harvest numbers. Any information would be helpful about trail heads, camp spots, methods, etc. Thanks!

Welcome to HT.
I know some about a few eastern states, and alot about NC, but know nothing about NJ. I'm sure someone on here will.

The bears probably have herpes or some other venerial disease like most of the chicks in Jersey do :hump: They also probably eat fake cheesesteaks too :cool: I lived in Philly for 5 years and have a daughter and grandson in Delco...go Eagles!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way

I would focus on the NW side of the state. Counties that border the PA hotspots (check the PA Game Commission website for bear harvest info) would be a good place to start. It is very common for bears shot during the PA season to have NJ tags in their ears. I used to live in that area and know it pretty well. Many people agree that the "walking world record" black bear is in the NE PA/NW NJ area.

HAHA. This right here. If you harvest one you'd be better off getting it tested for more than trichinosis. and as John said...go birds

The bears probably have herpes or some other venerial disease like most of the chicks in Jersey do :hump: They also probably eat fake cheesesteaks too :cool: I lived in Philly for 5 years and have a daughter and grandson in Delco...go Eagles!!

Welcome to the forum, by the way

I have been crazy busy and haven't been on to check the responses to this thread....I was laughing so hard my boss came in to see what was going on....I have narrowed it down to Bear Swamp or Hamburg Mt WMAs. I will let you know how it goes in October!

Any of the state land has bears on it. The Delaware water gap is also a good spot to try. You just can't put out bait on the federal land

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back