Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A Summer of Moose and Mosquitoes

Man it's killing me being back in Ohio. I spent Sept. 10th and 11th with Randy in there elk hunting and doing some scouting for moose! Great looking country, We didn't see any moose but Did see lots of sign. I got a good feeling something big is about to happen. And sweet sighting on the lion Randy, got to see my first lion earlier in my trip in a different HD. I hear Gerald is on his way down, he told me he could pack two rear quarters himself, lay it on him! Good luck men!

I hear Gerald is on his way down, he told me he could pack two rear quarters himself, lay it on him! Good luck men!
Randy is going to kill today. That way when I arrive late Thur. night the heavy packing is done. I think I was referring to chicken quarters in our imaginary conversation Dave!

Last night and this morning we split up. Ross again saw the big bull from the night before.

He's in a bad spot for stalking and recovery, but he's far away the biggest bull of the trip. We feel like he's still in the area.

Right now we have 2 hours and 26 minutes of shooting light left. Mthuntr and I are sitting on the lion rock while Ross and theat are a couple hundred yards up drainage glassing a different part of the meadow.

Tick, tock.

I can barely see my hand, doesn't look like it's tonight.

Seeing 3 great bull moose south of your unit. I'm trying to herd them across the Big Hole to you, but it's not easy.

Beer's a flowing in camp tonight! Couldn't ask for a cooler hunt, we pulled it out in the bottom of the ninth. I'll have pictures tomorrow.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back