Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

MT 410 Cow Tag?

ndhunterman

Good Memorial day to you all. Thanks to all veterans and those who didn't make it home; those of us who enjoy freedom are indebted to you.

On to elk...my fall is going to be busy with the arrival of my second child, so instead of my typical 9 day quest for an elk, I'm looking for a 4-5 day escape to fill the freezer. Would a cow tag in 410 be good? I've hunted 622 and am comfortable with backcountry pack style hunting.
Thanks

Yep about 33%. Lots of country to hunt with lots of people that deer hunt it but plenty of elk

Good Memorial day to you all. Thanks to all veterans and those who didn't make it home; those of us who enjoy freedom are indebted to you.

On to elk...my fall is going to be busy with the arrival of my second child, so instead of my typical 9 day quest for an elk, I'm looking for a 4-5 day escape to fill the freezer. Would a cow tag in 410 be good? I've hunted 622 and am comfortable with backcountry pack style hunting.
Thanks

If you can draw it, you should have little trouble filling a rifle tag in 5 days.

Depending on when you go, a cow could be just if not harder to find than a bull.I found that out last year in WYO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardan9
Back