WY Checkerboard Access

HalfAce

Hey guys, I'm looking at an antelope unit in Wyoming that has ALOT of checkerboard country. I know corner crossing isn't allowed so I am trying to think of alternate ways to access some country that isn't accessible from any public road.

So I'm wondering, is it legal in Wyoming to access checkerboard BLM by walking down railroad tracks and entering it from the RR?

Accidental double post. Randy can you please delete this one? Thank you.

If it is grazing association land or some type of communal land ownership sometimes hunting access is allowed. If that is your situation you could call and inquire. If it is some large ranch or land company....you are probably out of luck.

Unless a county, highway, or public road cross the checkard board you are pretty much out of luck. You could always fly a chute plane in and hunt every other section! I'm not sure how high you need to be above the ground but there is "air space" that you are dealing with for legality purposes. Some county sheriff's are more lenient than others so you can possibly give them a call to see if they enforce?

Unless a county, highway, or public road cross the checkard board you are pretty much out of luck. You could always fly a chute plane in and hunt every other section! I'm not sure how high you need to be above the ground but there is "air space" that you are dealing with for legality purposes. Some county sheriff's are more lenient than others so you can possibly give them a call to see if they enforce?

Make sure you double check on legality. I once had a lady at a regional office tell me it was illegal. Its been talked about here but I'm not sure whats legal or not. Likely it comes down to an officer's interpretation of a law. Also it mat depend on which landowners complain. Will defer to others on the laws.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back