June Prarriedogs

Rooster52

Going to ND for prarriedogs the first week of June.Been there the last 4 years and always have a good shoot.

All you shooters have a great time !

Hot and getting hotter.Going into the mid 90, s the next few days.Only can shoot in the early mornings.

The Richardson's ground squirrels are bad here. 200+ down so far and don't think I'm even making a dent.

The Richardson's ground squirrels are bad here. 200+ down so far and don't think I'm even making a dent.

How late in the fall do they stay out? Id like to take my kids down to SW Montana this October and do some practice for rifle season. Happy shooting.

How late in the fall do they stay out? Id like to take my kids down to SW Montana this October and do some practice for rifle season. Happy shooting.

Not certain how long the Richardson's Squirrels stay out. Until August or September maybe? At least at our place, 6200 ft, they seem to disappear around archery season.

Not certain how long the Richardson's Squirrels stay out. Until August or September maybe? At least at our place, 6200 ft, they seem to disappear around archery season.

Thanks for the info. Maybe next year then.

I have shot them into the first week in October around Dillon, if that helps. You could always call the sporting goods stores for a update, they are usually pretty helpful

When we antelope hunt in Wyoming (Gillette area) they are more then plentiful the last week in September.

Headed out there on June 28th for a 3 day hunt.

My friend just came back from eastern Montana. He sat in the same place for two days and shot 680 rounds. He figures an 80% kill rate = 544 dead dogs.

good luck to all
the dog

I appreciate the help guys. Looking at taking my wife/kids out for a shoot in early October. Down in region 3, we will be using 22/22 mags.

Gotta head down to the windmill and pop some when it cools off some. I am stuck with the old trusty single shot Stevens 22.
They disappeared with the plague couple years ago.
Now they're back by my tank/feed area,not good.

We had a great time in ND .Already planning next year.I personally like shooting dogs better than big game hunting.My 64 year old body can enjoy it a whole lot more. And a whole lot cheaper !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back