MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

2016 Hunt Talk Bear Hunt

jryoung

With representation of four separate states (so far) we have quorum to say the 2016 Hunt Talk Bear Hunt has officially commenced. More folks will be arriving this week and the shenanigans should peak next weekend. I don't think anyone is on the board yet, but I think there are at least some picture coming.

In foolish fashion I completed Montana Spartan Race as a precursor to Hunt Talk Bear Hunt. My fatass finished somewhere toward the bottom of my age group but when going against guys with abs not guts it's to be expected. I'm little sore today but excited to get to the spot to see the crew.

I've been wondering if this was going to happen again this year. Looking forward to following the hunt. Good luck and be safe boys!

In foolish fashion I completed Montana Spartan Race as a precursor to Hunt Talk Bear Hunt. My fatass finished somewhere toward the bottom of my age group but when going against guys with abs not guts it's to be expected. I'm little sore today but excited to get to the spot to see the crew.
Well done!! That reminds me of the first Sprint distance triathlon I did. When I went to pick up my race packet, the fit, young lady pointed to another table and said that volunteers sign in there...

I wish the best of luck and safe hunting to all involved!

Looking forward to the dead bear pics and stories.

We are off like a herd of turtles.

We had a fun weekend of way too warm temperatures and way too long hikes.

Hopefully this cold front settles in, otherwise bear sightings may be few and far between.

20160507_171358.jpg

20160507_180745.jpg

20160507_203335.jpg

Randy, are you packing that broken up Kimber?

Heavens no. If I packed a rifle I'd have to shoot one when I find it. Sounds like a good way to ruin an evening in the hills to me.

In for the updates ! Can't wait to see the bears.

I'm still at work, but I get to play with blood today....it's a lot like reloading so I'm pretending I'm in the garage mucking up loads. Wednesday feels far away right now.

Attachments

• 2016-05-09 10.56.08.jpg
    2016-05-09 10.56.08.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,573
Trying to drag myself away from a project cost breakdown so I can get packing and out the door... three hours to bear camp setup.

UPS just dropped off some really sweet lenses at my door. Ethan and Julie are two hours out of town and bringing up Newberg's package of gear. This production is just about to kick off! A light drizzle projected for the hunt area forecast this afternoon, followed by clearing skies and mid to high 60's the rest of the week.

No confirmation from Quigley and Dave Crisp on when they get to camp.

I can't believe it's Monday and no one's bought be Doublefront yet...

Weather's getting nasty here. The pass webcams are showing snow piling up. Ethan and Julie just came through and stole half my belongings.

Going to be a long week in the cubicle...

Hope to arrive late Wednesday, early Thursday. Some of these guys (and gals) can put some good miles in each day! I am going to put some miles in though over a couple / few days. One way to keep up with this "Spartan" bunch. The InReach is a great hunting companion... That along with the Garmin (using OnXmaps)... - I hope to place a bear for this year's hunt... Regardless, it has been a great time the past couple years and look forward to this year.

Sunday night I made a fairly good hike with Ethan, Julie & Ryan, it was uneventful for bear sightings but some great scenery, we couldn't quite make it to where we wanted due to snow pack. However, Ryan did show us some mountain yoga, he actually interlocks his fingers behind his back, I need another foot of arm length for this move.
Friends I'm staying with twisted my arm with elk steaks for dinner to stay another night, so I'll head to bear camp in the morning.
image.jpg

Looking forward to meeting everyone. Be there Thursday evening after a quick CO2 refill stop for the dehydration prevention system.

Note the recent modification - LEDs. Losing your drink in the dark would be more of a damper than the weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back