Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

MT Elk Unit 327

edbentle

Has anyone hunted 327 during the general rifle season? I just applied for an antlerless permit as well so I am hoping to maximize my likelihood of punching a tag.

Lots of trails open to ATVs. Lots of elk. Add them up and you get a real old fashioned shit show at times.

Has anyone hunted 327 during the general rifle season? I just applied for an antlerless permit as well so I am hoping to maximize my likelihood of punching a tag.

You can shoot a cow on gen tag here ya know . Just saying . I haven't hunted here yet busy was thinking of it this year

I was there last year the Monday after the season opened. I was amazed at the number of trucks and trailers at the trailhead. Hard to find a spot to park. Talking with people there they made it sound like about 75% of the folks who had been there for the weekend were already gone! It really sounded like it had been a war zone on opening morning.

We went up high and spotted a couple groups of elk that evening and put in a long hike the next day and should have connected but made some poor choices and ended up not getting anything. Ran into some snow the next day and had to leave the next day so ended up with tag soup. Overall had a decent time though. Most of the folks stuck pretty close to the ATV trails.

I think any hd no matter how crowded if u are willing to walk a mile or 2 from the trails or roads u won't see many hunters . People are lazy , plain and simple , then they go to the local watering hole , stuff their face with pizza and beer Ane complain about not getting an elk .

Jeez, npaden, it must have sounded like opening day of whitetail rifle season here in NY.

thats the most crowded place i've ever seen. colorado otc looks good after being there. i think huntin fool pimping it as an opportunity hunt doubled the guys there during bow season and there already was alot. ny is a light weight compared to there.

if anyone is going to be there for the opener can you take pictures of the parking lot and post them up.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back