Idaho Elk

Welcome to the forum. If you really are looking for someone to hunt with you will probably need to give a little more detail. For starters no one knows who you are, how you hunt, what weapon you plan to hunt with or what part of the state your looking to hunt in.

Welcome to the forum. If you really are looking for someone to hunt with you will probably need to give a little more detail. For starters no one knows who you are, how you hunt, what weapon you plan to hunt with or what part of the state your looking to hunt in.

This. Come on man, give us something to work with!

I am willing to hunt any where in the state. I am an Alaskan hunting guide and I can pack gear and meat with ease. I have multiple rifle calibers that will do the job. Any info will help I have never hunted Elk and I have never been to Idaho. I meant to post this info early but had to do something so I finished my paragraph tried to save everything somehow and since I typed it up from a smart phone I somehow posted it unfinished.

I can't help with idaho but can take you hunting in New Zealand if you want to do a hunt swap :)

Getting closer. Rifle hunt narrows it down a little. Are you going to do just OTC or Draw? Pack in for a day, a couple of days, a week? Want to hunt heavy timber, rolling sage, high and steep? Looking for a big bull, any bull, any elk? Listen to rock, rap, country? All answers that could help get more responses.

Good luck.

Yep the more effort you put in on a forum and the more you contribute the more likely you are able to gain friendships and make people feel like your not just another bloke wanting to be instant friends with everybody and bleed information to then disappear and never be seen again...

As others have said, more info is needed. For starters, you need to look at the Idaho regs. The state is divided into zones for elk hunting. Within each zone, there are certain season dates for the various weapons (archery, rifle, muzzleloader). Once you figure out some options that would work for you, I suggest you post a new thread with a specific title such as: Looking for ID elk hunting partners for Oct 10-20 in Lolo Zone.

Cheers!

I'm usually up for some teamwork/cooperation, and contemplating Idaho for this year. But, probably for early archery though.

PM if you'd like.

Hello 6speed. Slim. I was unsuccessful on a CH in ID. I'm planning to hunt with a bow, pack in for a few days, at least, with a horse. I'll hunt where the elk are, any bull will do. High is usually where they're at in Sept. Not fond of steep. Panhandle region? Classic Rock, country, pop, And Flat fender Jeeps, Old school. New here also and enjoying the info and conversation. Slim

Great start Slim, good luck on the hunt, hopefully you can get some info on the north side from someone up there.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back