Birds were hammering my call then

DaveHawk

Had a great morning in a rain storm, 5 Toms gobbling and then a chain saw started up and a back hoe started up in the area the toms were in. So I moved across the farm about a mile and set my decoys called once to a tom I heard gobble off in the distance. And 5 minutes later he came into the decoys quite. This afternoon we had a family get together and the turkey was cooked on the grill by my son Jon. He can cook. The bird was gone quick. Marinated for 3 hours in Italian creamy dressing and basted with the vinaigrette Italian and was just as juicy and tender very very tasty.
All agreed much taster then store bought dry bland birds.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 264
Congratulations Dave. By "my call" do you really mean a call that you made for yourself? That would up the personal satisfaction level one more notch doing it that way.

Congratulations Dave. By "my call" do you really mean a call that you made for yourself? That would up the personal satisfaction level one more notch doing it that way.
Yep. Brazilian rosewood Pot call and spalted and African Blackwood striker.
A customer came if this week ans baught a pot call , saw my striker and wanted to by it , si I sold it.
Ive been turning a lot of calls and strikers this year.
The striker at the top I've used to kill a few birds. #2 bird with Brazilian rosewood pot call.

Attachments

• 20160425_154303.jpg
    20160425_154303.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 221
Back