Fresh Tracks in Idaho??

huntid73

I doubt anyone will notice this thread, but I was wondering if Randy has looked at coming to Idaho to film an episode of Fresh Tracks. We here have a lot of general hunts and public land that produce some nice animals, and it would be nice to see someone actually make a visit to the Gem State.

I'm pretty sure he use to try for the moose tag there for years.My guess is when the draws aren't so nice to him that Id would be a great backup plan

I've posted this answer a few other times. It goes like this.

I need 10-12 tags per season to do the TV series. As such, we carpet bomb the early states of WY, AZ, MT, CO, NM, and NV. I can't afford to get to Idaho's June deadline and not have enough tags, with some hope of ID giving me a tag. End result is that we usually have enough tags before ID rolls around. So, I apply for long-shot draw odds in ID. And when we do have enough tags and incurred all the costs to acquire such, I can't justify turning back a limited entry tag in some other state for the purposes of buying an OTC tag in ID.

That is why you have not seen me in ID. One year we did film there and the production company looked at the footage and said they would not use it. That hunt is still on tapes.

This year might be different. It is the first year since doing the show that we have come out of the AZ and WY elk drawings without at least one elk tag for me, family, or guest hunters for whom we apply. So, we are in a small hole right now, as far as tags go. If our unlucky streak continues, I am pretty sure the ID OTC options will come into play.

Hope that answers it.

I've posted this answer a few other times. It goes like this.

One year we did film there and the production company looked at the footage and said they would not use it. That hunt is still on tapes.

Hope that answers it.

The production company might not have liked it, but I'll watch any of your hunts.....YouTube???

Randy, you may have covered it before. What will happen if you cant reach the number of tags needed? 2 part show's? What about turkey, upland game, even a two part but part one shows the pack up of gear/drive and set up of camp with some glassing/scouting and ends with a bull in the crosshairs! Part two is the kill, trail, quartering/hauling, break camp, etc. I would love a show like that.

Thanks for the answer Randy, started watching your hunts on the Youtube channel, and really like what you stand for as a hunter. We definitely need more voices like yours out in the outdoor media world. Hopefully we will be seeing an Idaho OTC hunt from you soon if things work out that way!

Randy, you may have covered it before. What will happen if you cant reach the number of tags needed? 2 part show's? What about turkey, upland game, even a two part but part one shows the pack up of gear/drive and set up of camp with some glassing/scouting and ends with a bull in the crosshairs! Part two is the kill, trail, quartering/hauling, break camp, etc. I would love a show like that.

Now that our YouTube channel is up and going as robust as it is, expect to see some of that on YouTube. TV wants no part of a lot of that. Additionally, small game and birds get lower viewership than sucker fishing. And, our sponsors want us to feature their western big game products. They have other shows that reach the audience of whitetail junkies, pig hunters, waterfowlers, etc. Our job is to provide western big game.

Yet, that all changes with our investment in our YouTube channel. Right now, if our YouTube channel stopped growing and flattened out right where it is, we would get more views on YouTube in a year than we get on TV. That opens a ton of options. We can do all the other things you mention, and more. And most importantly, it's free to the viewer.

We are going to Alaska next month and we are shooting a bear hunt that is not going to be on TV, rather on some of our other platforms, just so we can see what the results are when we focus specifically on our digital platforms. It will not be a Fresh Tracks episode, as all FT episodes are under contract to the network. Rather, it will be a Randy Newberg, Hunter episode, which means YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Hunt Talk.

I think what you see from us in the next two years will be very interesting. TV is still a part of the picture, but given America is cutting the cord at a record pace, it only makes sense to follow what viewers are doing and customize our content for those platforms.

So, with that long dissertation, please subscribe to our YouTube channel and ask your hunting friends to do the same. It is free and it helps us bring more of the content, style, and format mentioned above.

I remember reading about the Idaho deer debacle when you filmed it. There was talk about an OYOA cutting room video for YouTube did that die out or is there a chance we will get to see it someday?

I remember reading about the Idaho deer debacle when you filmed it. There was talk about an OYOA cutting room video for YouTube did that die out or is there a chance we will get to see it someday?

Maybe someday. As busy as we are with YouTube, TV, a podcast, the forum, and me still dabbling in the CPA world to keep these operations funded, time is not available to do it at this point.

I got this Limited Bear tag burning a hole in my Pocket right now, go time for a quick trip too Idaho next week too do a you tube episode..... ;) One of these day's Randy I'll get you too Idaho..... :) Also maybe a bowfishing episode, I know the bowfishing market is big, not many show's out there for that, Got our big State event June 25-26, you could take your wife on a vacation/poking around bowfishing adventure..... Good luck on your endeavor's and thank you for your support...
Matt

I got this Limited Bear tag burning a hole in my Pocket right now, go time for a quick trip too Idaho next week too do a you tube episode..... ;) One of these day's Randy I'll get you too Idaho..... :) Also maybe a bowfishing episode, I know the bowfishing market is big, not many show's out there for that, Got our big State event June 25-26, you could take your wife on a vacation/poking around bowfishing adventure..... Good luck on your endeavor's and thank you for your support...
Matt

You are persistent, Matt. Right now, there are only four weekends not booked between today and August 10th (Nevada archery deer opener). If I don't spend those four weekends with Mrs. Fin, doing whatever she wants, this entire operation could go belly up faster than a carp in a Clorox pool.

Hopefully someday you can make it, as the public land message and tag availability is as prevalent in ID as anywhere. As similar to Montana, I'd bet many of our OTC units are of the caliber or better than some of those units in NV, CO or UT that take 1-4 points to draw.

It'd be a cool change of pace to see some hunts in WA, maybe Oregon bears, something in BC or a Shira's moose hunt anywhere. Regardless of what content you put out, I'll watch it and enjoy it.

Yah a non resident shiras moose hunt in Idaho should be an easy tag to get and film... He said while smerking and ducking for cover.

Idaho = Red red headed step child ;)

I get it, I wish the draw was completed earlier as well. No good reason why it couldn't be.

Besides.....we don't need Randy killing the few good animals we have left.......They are all just about gone..:cool:

Maybe someday. As busy as we are with YouTube, TV, a podcast, the forum, and me still dabbling in the CPA world to keep these operations funded, time is not available to do it at this point.

Randy

You don't have to answer this but just curious, does all the work that goes into producing your own TV show, podcast, YouTube, etc., etc., ever make you wish sometimes you could just slow down and hunt and fish like you did before all this. I love the product you provide but when do you find time to sleep and eat?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back