Caribou Gear

New Member from La

L

LaHunter

New guy jumping in from north La.
I've been DIY Mule Deer hunting in WY for the past 3 years and finally took my first mule deer last year.
Western hunting is 'in my blood' now, so I hope to be doing this for the next 20+ years.
I recognize some members here from other forums and look forward to getting to know everyone.

'Goat, I get where where yer coming from. You're closer than I am.

Reminds me of a past LA lady....

But, Ahh Humm......we'll not go there, just now.

Welcome.

Don't believe anything anybody tells you here. They are just a bunch of braggart's. I, and only I have the wisdom ....... uhhhhh, I, and only I have the experience.....umm, I, AND ONLY I have the beer hidden at camp, and I'm not a'gonna tell........

Watt21
I probably should have been more clear. I am from north Louisiana. It might take me a while to get to UCLA.

Gunner46
I will keep those words of 'wisdom' in mind.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys

UCLA, pretty funny!

Just fyi, I found a map that helps describe La (the state), it has it divided into 5 regions. You could boil it down to 3:

1) Cajun country = Acadiana

2) New Orleans (really like a different country).

3) everything else (North, Central..), more typically "Southern"

I grew up in North-Central region (Natchitoches), and back then (long time ago) with the poor roads the state seemed more "divided". In college I dated a girl from New Orleans; she had a distinct and proud French heritage. She was greatly offended if anyone called her a "Cajun".

And I forgot to say "Welcome" to LaHunter!

Attachments

• 666px-Louisiana_regions_map_svg.png
    666px-Louisiana_regions_map_svg.png
    142.1 KB · Views: 48
That map is pretty accurate. The Central region is more of a transition area. There are people hear with strong Cajun influences along with the strong Cajun accents and you will find people hear that are more typically 'southern'.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back