Thread: PA archery buck

Default PA archery buck

Got this buck last evening in PA. Archery season just came in on Saturday, so this was my second evening of the season. Our neighbor planted a long field of corn along our woods this year, and I put my stand up along a trail / rub line about 50 yards from the corn. I literally had deer walking circles around me all evening - from the woods to the corn and back. Saw numerous does and 3pt and 6pt bucks close, but my area requires 4 pts on one side. This buck came by about 20 minutes before the end of legal hours.

PA has a bag limit of one buck, so I'm done early and get to hunt squirrel, grouse, and turkey this fall without any worry about getting my buck. I have a DIY buck/hog hunt planned for November on public land in TN - sure to be an adventure!

Dan
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Done deal, way to go! Early tag completions at great and rotten at the same time. You are done with a task but now will miss out on the enjoyment of the process. Any one you need to help out getting their (first?) deer?

Not yet - my son won't be born for about another 3 months! He's the first for my wife and I (and if it was a daughter she'd be going outdoors with her Dad someday also). Next year expect a little guy in a camo suit sitting on the deer in my pics.

Early tag-filling is a welcome blessing this year - have a nursery to paint & get ready. Lots of other work on the house my wife and I just bought. I'll be able to lay off the hunting for a while, get my work done, and earn enough points with my wife to get away with my TN hunt in November.

Nice Pa. Buck! What part of the state are you in? I haven't been out yet - too busy getting ready far an antelope trip but will be hitting it hard in a few weeks.
    John

I'm about 80 miles north of Pittsburgh. Good luck on the antelope hunt - hoping to do one of those in a couple years. Next year will probably be focused on the new baby, but hopefully I'll get some deer hunting in PA and maybe a nearby state.

Nice area up that way. I am about 50 mile south of Pittsburgh. If you get the chance, check out West Virginia and definitely give antelope a try when you have the time.
    John

Here's another picture...

R/E deer_shooter, definitely interested in hunting WV in the next couple years. I'll hit you up for some advice sometime. Basically looking for a nearby state with rifle or muzzleloader hunting between PA archery and PA rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats!! Welcome to the site, too
    I'm an addict...archery, rifles, shotguns, handguns, muzzleloaders, hunting, fishing, fly fishing..and I don't want rehab

CWEH...Colorado's Worst Elk Hunter 2007-2016 (but I'm still damned sexy)

Congrats!
    You stepped in what?

That is a beautiful PA buck man. Congrats!

Awesome~!! we have the same rule here in Missouri in most counties for 4 points on one side,..in the long run it's one rule that is paying off..allot more bigger bucks in my area now,..but we get 1 archery buck and 1 rifle/ alternative buck