Caribou Gear

Tightspot/ripcords ?'s

MinnesotaHunter

So I just got my "new to me" Hoyt Carbon Matrix off of Archerytalk, and a couple of questions have come up.

1. I got a Ripcords for the 1st time and when I was shooting it tonight I could hear the prongs coming down and slapping the riser at the shot. What are most doing to deaden that slap? I was just going to stick on some mohair.

2. I am switching to G5 T3 expandables this year (1st try with expandables). When look at the hood on my tightspot with the foam out I see some prongs molded into the plastic. Is this where the broad head tips are supposed to go? How would that not rattle?

I appreciate the help.

I got the same set up hoyt and ripcord rest. I heard the same thing when I first shot mine I just placed some rubber stick on material I had to deadin the noise I am sure moleskin will be great also. I have really enjoyed mine love them both my only complaint is the valley on the draw with the hoyt's still not sure bout that....:)

My buddy has a ripcord and it came with a rubber adhesive silencer I believe. You might be able to call ripcord and get one sent out.

I got the same quiver and rest and have not had any problems. Even in single degree temps. You will love that set up. I am shooting fixed blades mostly so I cant help you with the slots. I never take my quiver off anymore.

I have had my Tightspot and Black Gold sight for a couple of years now, and do love them. I cannot say enough good things about them. I too, never shoot my bow without the quiver attached.

BrownBear - I was a little skeptical about the short valley too, but I have grown to like it because it has made me keep my back tension up when I shoot. My old bow had a huge valley, and I think it was bad for my fundamentals.

Because I love my new setup so much, here is a picture from last nights initial sight in session. Not too bad for 40 yds, but I still have some adjusting to do.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix (upload).jpg

As for the Ripcord, just put some foam tape or on of the limbsaver rubber pads on the shelf.

As for the quiver, take a broadhead in the closed position and heat it up over the stove or with a plumbing torch. Then push into the quiver foam and let it melt a little shaped spot for it. Problem solved.

As for the rattle, huh? If I shot broadheads that rattled, I'd find new broadheads!

So, last post bragging about my new bow. I went out to finish up dialing in my 40yd pin tonight, and for the first time in 20+ years of shooting a bow in competition and hunting, I shot my first "Robinhood". It was a pretty expensive shot, so 1 is enough for the rest of my archery career.

I know this is pretty much just luck, but it felt good none the less, and made me love this bow that much more. Hopefully, after my trip to Wyoming this fall I can hang the arrows in the rack of a nice 4x4 muley.:hump:

Robinhood.JPG

Thats funny I did the same thing Monday while shooting at 40yds. I will post a pic when I get the chance. I've been shooting for many years and that was a first for me.

If your Ripcord is hitting your riser, then you don't have it installed correctly. You need to raise the rest up. Call Ripcord and they can walk you throught the correct set up. The rubber stopper or any mole skin should not be in place to help reduce sound from the rest prongs hitting the riser. Its for reducing noise if your arrow makes contact with the riser before drawing back.

might check out the q.a.d. rest. i have them on every one of my bows. pricey but great

Thanks for the responses. Just got from 15 days in the field, unfortunately I was not chasing bears or turkeys. I am going to try and slide the rest and loop up, and see what happens.

Anyone shooting expandables with the tightspot?

It's definitely ok if the ripcord drops and the prongs touch your riser. The rubber shelf they send with the Ripcords this year is made to deaden that noise. You just need to make sure it drops enough to let your fletchings clear.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back