Snowies / Little Snowies

Elkwhisper

Anyone ever hunt bear south of Lewistown? The areas south of Billings are now closed (quota met) and I haven't even got out yet. I have never hunted up there but was thinking of heading north soon.

Anybody with general info, on access, bear populations etc... most appreciated. Feel free to PM if you prefer.

Not looking for anyone's secret spot..... just a point in the right direction.

Thanks,

Elkwhisper

There is bear in there, I've only been in there a couple of times this past fall but we saw 3 of them in a span of about 6 hours, but that was all we saw. I'd think you would have better luck in the Little Belts. I've seen bear in there every time I've been in them.

You're in Billings Whisperer? Me too...

I work up in the snowies... this time of year, at least in my experience, the bears are down low on the private/public boundaries.... (about like the elk all year up there!)... and getting in behind these boundaries right now can be kind of tough because you usually have to take some road up high, around the private.

Just look at a map and pick a road that goes into BLM or Forest and watch the timberlines...

Unreal 520 is closed already... That is RETARDED..there's only about 99,000 bears in there!!!

Hit the Little Belts yesterday. Still plenty of snow up high. Focused our efforts right at the snow line, which is starting to green up nicely, but no luck. Saw lots of deer and elk, but Yogi did not make an appearence. Turned out to be a beatiful day in the mountains thougy.......

Elkwhisper

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back