Episode Three - Colorado Bighorn

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, seems as though bighorns are a big hit. Or at least the Montana bighorn episode from last week is an indicator of such.

This week we change locations, but not species. We are in Colorado hunting public land for another bighorn. First airing starts on Wednesday.

In this case, a good friend, Courtney Olson, is the lucky tag recipient who drew a resident sheep tag just west of Denver. Seems weird to be hunting sheep in a high alpine area knowing you are only an hour away from a major metro area and from high up you can see the traffic buzzing below on I-70.

The weather was very nice to start and went downhill really, really fast. It looked so bad, that I called Oak from the top of a 13,000' peak and asked him if he could give me a weather forecast for our GPS coords. It was not good. 20"-30" of snow at that elevation in the next day.

That was a big change in plans, and I really thought we were finished. We went lower and hunted farther north, hoping the weather would break. We lucked out and found some sheep during a little break in weather that allowed the cloud ceiling to lift slightly. Probably the luckiest strike of good fortune for our entire filming season.

Anyhow, better stop telling all the details, or there will be no reason to watch. If you want to read the day by day account, here is the link to the thread we posted as it was happening. Colorado Bighorn thread.

And if you want to see a preview clip, it is loaded on the TV Show page at this link. Colorado Bighorn Teaser Clip.

Hope you like this one as well. No dead rams found on this hunt. Just one dead one at the end :D.

As always, Outdoor Channel is where you will find On Your Own Adventures.

Airtimes are:

Wednesdays 11:00 am
Fridays 10:30 pm
Sundays 3:00 pm

All times being Mountain Time.

Thanks guys. Glad you like these ones. Obviously a lot of other people like them, as the network has forwarded me some of the emails they have received. Not sure if those emails came from guys here, but whoever wrote them, Fin says, "Big Thanks."

It is the email stuff that makes a huge difference with the network and sponsors. The following sponsors have provided me links to post where people can leave comments about On Your Own Adventures, or anything else related to that sponsor. If you are so inclined to let them know that you like On Your Own Adventures, I am in your debt.

Here are the companies and the links:

Federal Premium Ammunition

Leupold Optics

Otis Technology

Yeti Coolers

Mystery Ranch Backpacks

Kenetrek Boots

And always feel free to let Outdoor Channel know what you like to see.

And if you see a company whose products we use, who are not a sponsor shown on the show or site, send them an email and ask them what they are waiting for.... another high fence penned shooting show? :D

Loved the show. The comments on grocery shopping were a good touch. Congratulations to Courtney on a beautiful ram. Keep up the good work.

Great episode once again. You guys had a great turn of events that you capitalized on. I love when that happens. The bummer thing is it just doesn't happen that much.

that was another great episode keep up the good work to bad you couldn't do a spin off show with just sheep hunts

All this talk about the show is killing me. I watched from my bedroom window last Monday as the cable guy cut my line. Randy, you sure you can't sneak a copy of Season 2 (I still need to buy last year's dvd too) in the mail early or leave it in an envelope on my porch?

Randy I finally cough a show and it was the ram hunt. Great show !

How much hourly footage did you take for this show ?

Glad you liked it, Dave. It takes about 25 hours of raw tape to get the 22 minutes of cut tape that make a 30 minute episode.

Glad you liked it, Dave. It takes about 25 hours of raw tape to get the 22 minutes of cut tape that make a 30 minute episode.

That's a lot of tapes and batteries. Well worth it for the shows that are produced.

Seriously, the shows look like well filmed cinema compared to other shows that look like amateur camcorder crap.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back